Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

60 days pregnant frenchie

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Hayb frenchie, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Hayb frenchie

Hayb frenchie PetForums Newbie

My beautiful girl first litter is 60 days pregnant due for csection tomorrow depending on bloods. She has been losing her mucus plug for a few days now not able to settle. She was up in the night panting for about an hour. Then stopped. Going for a wee but not actually weeing. She's off her food slightly and just sleeping loads. She's not done any nesting at all jus very unsettled.
    She is scanned for 4 but her last nipple area is rather large like there is a puppy there(weird i know). Is this normal

2. David C

David C PetForums Senior

Why is she booked in for a c section for her first litter? Why are you not seeing how she goes with natural whelping?
    Have you got everything in that you will need for bottle feeding the pups because some bitches can refuse to have anything to do with pups after a section if they have not gone into labour before hand.

3. Hayb frenchie

We were advised by our vet to have csection due to her being a French bulldog. The vet said is she was carrying more than 6 she could try to self whelp but as she only scanned 4 they could be big and she may not birth them

4. Hayb frenchie

We have bottles and milk all ready incase and we are on hand 24/7

5. David C

David C PetForums Senior

Not all franchies need c sections the same as not allougsdo either etc. I have friends who show frenchies and have bitches that self whelp without any problems. I certainly wouldn't be booking a maiden bitch in for asection just because the vet thinks all frenchies cannot give birth on their own.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice