UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14,990 Posts
Welcome to the Kevins!

Agree with the advice from Wiz20. Perhaps bribe neighbours with some chocolate and explain you are training. That will be one less problem to worry you.

Have you done any actual recall training with her so she knows her commands to voice or whistle? My Molly went a bit off track with my OH so we've started over again in the house with training to two peeps on the whistle and gradually increasing the difficulty.

Molly was housetrained when we got her but had a few accidents due to worry. I don't know if this is of any use but I read somewhere that peepads can make the housetraining relapse worse as the smell encourages them to go. I imagine someone with more experience on this will help you.

We've just tried to hang on with the teens and really keep repeating and repeating Molly's training during this time - she is clicker trained - in the hope it will sink in. If she's anything to go by, it does go into their doggy heads. Good luck :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.