Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

6 month old pedigree husky boy Kent

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by bellababy, Oct 24, 2012.

1. bellababy

bellababy PetForums Member

A friend of mine has a 6 month old pedigree husky male that needs a new home.

He is microchipped and has had all vaccinations.

He had not yet been neutered.

They have an older lab which the husky is a bit to energetic for and causing problems. He is used to young children.

He's booked into battersea for this Saturday so thought I'd post on here to see if anyone was able to help to save him going into a rescue!

Based in Medway, kent.

2. Modwyn

Modwyn Guest

Has your friend contacted the breeder they got him from? I would think a contract for returning him to the breeder would have been issued. Most good breeders want their pups returned to them if thier home is no longer able to care for them.

3. ceawood

ceawood PetForums Junior

Are there any photos? It might help with convincing my husband. Or other people, I suppose :)

4. bellababy

bellababy PetForums Member

Sorry not got any photos of him, if you would like more info can you give me a phone number or email address via pm and I'll pass your details to the owner?

5. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

If you are going to rehome privately or your friend is then its vital you make sure the people who enquire have done their homework on the breed and what they are like and need to own successfully, the downside as well as the good. Too many people are buying them on looks alone and just because they want one. I know of a year old one recently who was just about to go to her 4th home including the original one she left in 6/7 days. One home who were looking for "a dog" when she come up and took her lasted barely two days before trying to pass her on. Luckily for her she ended up in a rescue where prospective owners will be interviewed and grilled and home checked to make sure they know what they are getting and taking on, so for her the next is likely to be her last. This ones story isnt unusual and sometimes they are better going into rescue preferably the breed rescue or a good one that has husky experience and will so all the through rehoming criteria. Its not unusual either for collectors and iffy breeders who go around getting pedigree dogs especially from free to good homes and cut price and breed from them it happens. There is even the dog fight fraternity who will get ones to use as bait dogs. So unless you can ensure that you can find the right savvy people who want him, he would be better in breed rescue although they are stretched or even going to Battersea. I was going to rehome from there a few years back and they do homes checks and match the right people to the right dogs and as far as I know still do.

6. househens

househens Guest

bumping this

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice