Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

6 month kitten gone off wet food

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by NettyL9, Sep 20, 2020.

1. NettyL9

NettyL9 PetForums Junior

Hi everyone, My Kitten Fifi who is now six months has always enjoyed her wet food. I feed her mainly on natures menu Kitten food with some Hilife and Animonda Carney Kitten. Recently she’s been indifferent to all these foods taking a few bites walking away then maybe coming back to it a few minutes later and doing the same.

She will happily eat dry food but I’d prefer her to eat wet. I have discovered that if I crumble a little freeze dried chicken breast treat (just chicken breast nothing else), onto her wet food she will happily gobble the whole thing up like it’s the tastiest thing in the world. Do you think it’s okay to do this or is it bad for her to have the freeze-dried chicken every time she has a meal?

Sorry for The long winded post I just want to make sure she’s getting the best diet possible!

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Whompingwillow

Whompingwillow PetForums VIP

I sprinkle cosma or thrive freeze dried treats on food often! This quarantine time and me being home a lot made for some fussier cats recently.. it’s fine to sprinkle them on food often as it’s just pure chicken especially if he eats the wet food so well like that with it. That way you can just get rid of the dry food and continue with the wet food With freeze dried sprinkles - it will be better for him then dry food in my opinion

Summercat, chillminx and buffie like this.
  3. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Personally I don't see any problem with encouraging FIfi to eat her wet food by adding some crushed FD chicken etc .
    I have to do this with my lad too.

Oops cross posted with @Whompingwillow

4. NettyL9

NettyL9 PetForums Junior

thanks! I thought so but just wanted to check, I definitely prefer her to eat wet especially as she’s a growing girl

5. NettyL9

NettyL9 PetForums Junior

thank you, I thought it was fine but just like to check these things

buffie likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice