Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

500mb month mobile internet

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kaz_f, May 14, 2010.

1. kaz_f

kaz_f PetForums VIP

What would it equate to? roughly?

For example is it the equivalent of checking facebook once a day - not that I use facebook but just want to get an idea of how limiting or otherwise 500mb per month would be. I've googled it but get such conflicting information.

I have no idea when it comes to mobile phones.

Also, if you set up your email account (gmail/yahoo etc) with your phone when you receive and view an email via your phone does that come off your 500mb allowance?

Sorry to sound like such a div but I'm not at all phone savvy!

2. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

Unless you are downloading huge amounts of information (such as games, ringtones etc) you will not go over 500mb. It is plenty for anyone. :)

3. Rick

Rick PetForums VIP

You might be surprised.

I had 3 gig (3000mb or thereabouts for the pedants) per month with Three and could easily get near to the limit just browsing and checking emails.

4. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

I use my internet alot on my mobile and I have never gone over. I use it for ebay, petforums, hotmail, preloved etc. Pushing e-mail will use more than anything else I believe. My sister works for Phones 4 U so I will ask her! :)

5. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

this is a veyr good question..how do you know if you've gone over.

i get 500mb internet usage with my phone....

6. kaz_f

kaz_f PetForums VIP

Thanks for all your replies! I guess when I get my first couple of bills i'll see but I just could not imagine what sort of level of usage 500mb is.

What i'll use it for is checking email, looking up train times sometimes if I'm on the move and for things like looking at google maps occasionally (also when I'm on the move with work).

I don't do facebook and I don't 'tweet'

7. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I have just started a new contract today which includes 500mb of mobile internet, but used to have the same on my old contract and never went over! I used to go on here, eBay, Facebook, Google, Hotmail... anything and I never once went over my limit (that I know of!)

8. Broxi_jim

Broxi_jim PetForums Senior

Well we've got 500mb of internet on our new phones, Never really used it on the old one's.

Got the HTC Desire phones!! So will prob need to wait a few months to see what the avergae usuage is.

#8 Broxi_jim, Jun 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  9. Lady Sol

Lady Sol PetForums VIP

I have 2Gb, so four times as much and I regularly go over just with normal browsing. That's for my laptop though. Don't have internet on my mobile.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice