Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

5 week old runny poo advice appreciated

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Debbie1000, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Debbie1000

Debbie1000 PetForums Newbie

Any advice much appreciated. My litter just short 5 weeks old...started weaning them last week and all doing fantastic. One pup has started having quite runny poo, he is fine in himself...playing, running about and still feeding fine, but just wondered if I should be worried or is there anything I can do to help him. Thanks x

2. Jamesgoeswalkies

Jamesgoeswalkies PetForums VIP

I think the usual advice applies in that if the puppy continues to have the runs then a chat/visit to the vet may help allay fears - however, it may just be that this particular puppy is being a bit greedy and enjoying the food a little too much (pushing the others out of the way perhaps to eat their share) and then topping up on mum or it may mean he is a little intolerant to what you are feeding him. I would monitor and look for any other signs that he may not be coping with the change.

J

Debbie1000 likes this.
  3. Debbie1000

Debbie1000 PetForums Newbie

Thank you very much for reply. Yeah he is the little fatty of the litter...and a little devil to match. He does seem fine in himself...terrorising his litter mates as usual . Will keep an eye on him today, thank you again for reply, really appreciate your reply x

Jamesgoeswalkies likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice