Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

5 month old doodle vommiting-help please

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by bimbleweb, Jul 21, 2009.

1. bimbleweb

bimbleweb PetForums Member

I'm usually in the cat forums, so new to this section. Hi :)

Our 5 month old doodle has been bringing up frothy bile for the last couple of hours. He's not eaten today, although he is drinking. He's been playing in the garden and went for his walk this morning, perked up for a bit but he is lethargic.

Is it possible that he has a stomach bug? Or could it be teething?

I haven't noticed him eating/drinking anything he shouldn't.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Angie x

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

It could be all manner of things.

I would advise taking him to the vets.

3. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

could he have eaten something?

4. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

Matrix, our 5month old pup had that on saturday, he also had diarrhoea and the vets gave him antibiotics and anti-vomiting tablets for 5 days, he seems much better today but is still on small and often meals at the mo! Hope your dog gets on ok, my vet thought maybe he had eaten something he shouldn't but like you i don't think he had.

5. bimbleweb

I have just booked him in to the vets for this evening. I think it's best to give him the once over to be safe.

Thanks everyone :)

6. james1

james1 PetForums VIP

are you overfeeding him? are you exercising him after hes been fed? if so reduce the amounts to his age and weight and let him digest his food for a good hour. He may have eaten something though if hes a pup he could just be getting used to any rich foods your giving him. Their stomachs are not designed like ours

7. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

It's usually when their tummy is empty that they bring up the frothy bile. Won't he eat?

8. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

I read somewhere that this is caused by the gall bladder releasing bile into the stomach when there's nothing there for it to work on. It irritates the gut a bit. My dog chucks up frothy bile from time to time, I don't worry about it. She won't eat (except some grass) for a few hours but then goes back to normal.

9. bimbleweb

Warwick is now muck better. He saw the vet yesterday evening, who gave him an anti-inflammatory, pro kaolin and some sachets of hydrating crystals.

He's not been sick since then and has just had his first meal-1 desert spoon of boiled chicken and rice :rolleyes: Poor little man looked at me as if to say 'Is that it?!' lol

Thanks to all for your replies :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice