Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

5' 4" - 10 stone and she lost me !!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Mum2Heidi, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Made me laugh. I was standing inside the gate on a large sandy area, grass all around, waiting for a friend who was in the other field (adjacent). Heidi sat with me. Another lady came in with her labradoodle, and walked along the path to the right, a gent with a spaniel took the path straight ahead. Suddenly Heidi scampered off behind the lady (skirt and skimpy top - I had jeans), realised it wasnt me and ran towards the guy (bright orange T shirt - mine navy), a look of panic on her face when that wasnt me either. I waited, she worked it out and came running back :thumbup:. What a numpty - do yours get carried away with the moment sometimes ?????

Heidi does it regularly and makes me think I will get the vet to check her sight when we go for jabs next week :scared:

2. Thorne

Thorne PetForums VIP

Breeze has done that, she's very easily distracted bless her so has "lost" me a couple of times!
    She's also prone to getting distracted by something and looking over at it while continuing to trot in the opposite direction - walked right into a wire fence while watching a cat the other day :D

3. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

Laddie used to pretend not to know me. If I was walking with him and we were a couple of feet behind some random person he would slowly trot ahead of me and walk by their side rather than next to me. He kept to heel perfectly with them and being off lead as well it was quite funny the reactions he would get when the person notices him by their side. It was almost as if he was embarassed to be seen with me.

4. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Heidi has latched on to someone else wearing the same coloured coat as me in the winter and then panicked when she looks up and sees its not me. All my raincoats are blue and at one point she was running from person to person with blue coats and none of them was me.

Embarrassingly, she walked into the back of a car once, looking one way walking the other. That was on the lead :lol:

5. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

LOL - bless her. Bet she was pleased to find you.
    Lilly I think is challenged in the IQ department ;) she frequently starts to follow the wrong feet, maybe it's because she is so small :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice