Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

5 1/2 month kitten with tiny head

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Megan Carpenter, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Megan Carpenter

Megan Carpenter PetForums Junior

Hey everyone, I have a 5 1/2 month old female kitten who’s head is tiny compared to her body. She’s a healthy girl at a good weight but to me, her head is so so small! Looking back at photos it has barely grown in a month. We have a small kitten collar for her but on the smallest it goes, is still far too big. Every few weeks we try it for size but it’s still the same! Will her head catch up with the rest of her?
    Ive attached a photo which is the best one I’ve got showing how small it is! Thank you in advance!

Attached Files:

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

My girls both had small necks and small heads until they were about 18 mths old. They stayed looking kittenish all that time, though their bodies grew. They are aged 7 y/o now and still smallish cats with fairly small heads. :)

3. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

Her head looks normal in the photo

gskinner123 likes this.
  4. Silverdoof

Silverdoof PetForums Member

Shes growing - her head looks ok to me - they go through wee Growing spurts / stages but it all comes together - shes very pretty x

5. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

She shouldn't really need a collar at that age. She looks fine to me, my one girl is tiny still and she is nearly 8.

6. Megan Carpenter

Megan Carpenter PetForums Junior

Thank you everyone for the replies! You’ve all put my mind at ease so thank you :) I think she may just be a smaller cat like her mum who is now one and fits perfectly in a kitten collar and is 3.2kg!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice