Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

4 new Ratties :) Pic Heavy

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by My lil Babies, Apr 20, 2011.

1. ................................

#1 My lil Babies, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2012
  2. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

Pretty girls! You can feed them yogurt off the end of a spoon to encourage them to the front of the cage. They learn that you mean nice things. When they're happy licking it off a spoon you can put it on your fingers. It doesn't have to be yogurt, but it should be something that they can't pick up and run away with.

A Critter 2 is suitable for 4 rats by the cage calculator, but it is a squeeze. You'd be better off with something like a Ferplast Jenny or a Liberta Abode which gives them plenty of bouncing space. You can keep the Critter 2 as a holiday cage because they flat pack into the base.

1 person likes this.
  3. Hana

Hana PetForums Newbie

Super pretty rats! I wish you all the best in your efforts to help them settle in :)

4. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

They're so cute good luck with them

5. Yeah I have been looking at a few cages and didnt really want to spend no more than £80 on one but I do like the look of the explorer and think I may go with that one and spend the extra.

Thank you for the tip with the yogurt. I have some natural yougurt in the fridge so will have a go in a while.

They seem to really like my Rottie Holly. She sits at the cage with her nose pressed at the bars and they keep licking her nose. Holly is loving the rat attention. People always seem amazed that Holly loves little critters but she really does. I think she prefers them to doggy friends.

6. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

They are gorgeous.. I think Dumbo's are the best looking out of the rats.. the position of their ears makes there little faces so expressive :)

7. What do you guys line the floors with? Im using a fleece dog blanket and stredded newspaper so they can make a nest and hide in it and have covered the metel floor on the first level with a blanket too as I didn't want them to hurt their feet on the wire. Im actually thinking of taking the floor out and putting in some wooden ledges scattered at different hights for them to jump onto. I think that would be better with the hammocks & ropes as well as the floor is getting in the way. Its been a while since I have had rats and really don't have a clue how to set up the cage so the rats are getting the most out of the space

8. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

Awww how sweet! Good luck with them :)

9. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

I use EcoBed as a main substrate. My cage has a wire shelf which I removed and replaced with a Ferplast corner shelf. I wouldn't use wooden shelves as they will soak up urine and start to stink very quickly.

10. Ah yeah didn't think of that with wood shelves. Thank you.

11. Petitepuppet

Petitepuppet PetForums VIP

Lucky girls finding a loving home where they will be treated the way they are supposed to be:D. Love the girl with the orange markings on her head. I cant believe that they lick the dogs nose lol my lot try to bite are dogs on the nose. Think because they are wet that they must be for eating:rolleyes: :p.

Looking forward to updates on these guys x :)

#11 Petitepuppet, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  12. I'll have to record them doing it and post t on here for you to see. Can only record on my camera tho and the quality is rather poor but I'll give it a go anyway. It's so sweet. It's mainly the white one with the orangy marking on its head that does it (tipsy) she so far seems the most tame, but Amy does it sometimes as well. Dash Hides pretty much all the time at the moment and gypsy is pretty timid too and just freezes when we go near the cage but i'm sure we will get there in the end.

13. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

aww they are really cute:001_wub:

14. Kazzii-Loves-Ratties

Kazzii-Loves-Ratties PetForums Member

ooh they are gorgeous :D well done for rescuing them :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice