Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

4 month old kitten feeding?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Justyna2000, May 18, 2020.

1. Justyna2000

Justyna2000 PetForums Newbie

Hi guys

I am new here. I recently got a kitten, shes doing great and the vet said she is looking amazing and healthy.

As this is my first kitten, im a bit confused with the feeding.

I feed her mostly wet food but as I work I have to leave some kibble out for her. My question is, how many pouches (they are 85g) should i be feeding her if she is having a bit of kibble throughout the day? and how much kibble should she have?

Thanks

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Hello @Justyna2000 and welcome :)

I'd say feed your kitten mostly wet food as it is healthier for her bladder and kidneys and other organs. A meal or two can be left in a timed auto-feeder when you are out. I have the C20 Cat Mate feeder (from Amazon) and it is reliable and my cats like using it.

As to how much wet food - feed her as much as she wants. She has a lot of growing to do, and needs plenty of meat in her diet to build strong muscles.

I don't personally feed my cats any dry food at all, but if you want to give your kitten some, I would put some pieces in a puzzle ball for her once a day, so that she has to work a bit to get at the kibble. Never free feed kibble though as it is far too high in carbs and fats. Measure out a portion according to the instructions on the packet and feed it as one feed (in the puzzle feeder0.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice