Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

4 female mice in 3 foot tank

Discussion in 'Small Animal Rescue and Adoption' started by kelly82, Aug 4, 2009.

1. kelly82

kelly82 PetForums Junior

i am rehoming my 4 does in their 3 foot tank with all their accessories, including 4 mini-exercise balls, toys and stuff in the tank, and any food we have left.

i am being extremely picky about who gets my lovely girls, as i have been offered various homes already, but none with what im looking for. i am wanting them to stay exactly as they are, to be kept in their current 3 foot set-up, with no extra mice added to their group, and them not to be taken out for mixing into another group. no breeding either.

i dont feel this is a lot to ask, but the 3 people who wanted to mix them with other mice all wanted to as a 3 foot tank 'can' house more mice. i personally feel that with the 4 of them, this tank is full, they love their space and have room to race around. i want them to continue to enjoy their current life style :D i have also been asked by a couple to take the mice, to mix with their females, only to use my girls tank for a different group of mice. if you are wanting to do this, dont get in touch, their tank is only for them.

i am giving all of this away for free, which is another reason i am being so picky, a few people seem to just want to 'dispose' of my girls to use the tank for another animal etc.

at the moment they are living on p@h wood pellet cat litter to avoid respiritory problems arising from woodshavings, i dont mind if their new owner wishes to use wood shavings, its just my personal preference to use the pellets. they are on p@h mouse mix, and have little bits of veg every now and again as a treat.

they are all different colours, and are all easily handled, lovely and tame. i will attach photos of each of them to this post.

My beautiful girls :)

minnie.jpg

2 spot.jpg

moo.jpg

mo.jpg

2. miss-freak-of-nature

miss-freak-of-nature PetForums Member

I would love to offer them a home, as I have loads of mousey experience, and keep them all together in their 3 ft setup, but sadly you live to far from me :(

3. kelly82

kelly82 PetForums Junior

thats a shame, im hoping someone like you with experience and a loving new home will come along soon. dont suppose you fancy a day out to visit glorious sunny lincolnshire do you ;) hehehe im sure the right home will come along when the time is right :)

4. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Just wondering if you had had any interest in your girls yet?

5. kelly82

kelly82 PetForums Junior

no not yet, maybe im being way too picky, but i just want the best for them so i would rather keep them than give them away and maybe leave them to a questionable new home :)

6. xXhayleyroxX

xXhayleyroxX PetForums Senior

i think you live too far away from me, but I also have loads of mousey experience, and 5 girls live in a tank im my bedroom. I also have boys who live with my chinchillas and degus.Yours look lovely xxx

7. kelly82

kelly82 PetForums Junior

:) still looking for their new home

8. kelly82

kelly82 PetForums Junior

:( i think im being too picky, these girls are still with me, i hope a new owner comes up soon

9. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I don't think you are, you want the sort of home they have now, I'm sure the perfect owner willbe along soon.

10. xXhayleyroxX

why do you want rid of them? they're so cute :001_tt2:

11. kelly82

kelly82 PetForums Junior

:( dont want rid so to speak, just having a lot of problems and need to find them a new home. really really need them to go soon.

12. xXhayleyroxX

why do you need to re-home them :(

EDIT; sorry im a spaz , awww well dont give in too easily :(

i honestly wish i lived nearer, they are such beautiful mice xxxxxxxx

#12 xXhayleyroxX, Aug 16, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  13. kelly82

kelly82 PetForums Junior

its becoming more urgent that i rehome these girls, i dont wish to go into detail but everyone knows the current financial climate :( really need them to go to a new home soon. maybe i shouldnt be so picky about who gets them, i dont know, but i just want them to enjoy life. a snake owner offered to take them on last week :confused: what part of live out their lives as they are now did she not understand. needless to say i definately declined her offer :mad:

14. Akai-Chan

Akai-Chan Banned

If you weren't so far away I'd take them on as they are :( Sorry I can't help.

Peace
    Akai-Chan

15. xXhayleyroxX

i would absolutely love to take them but you live too far away, im in newcastle in the north east of england.

16. u-look-like-a-hamster

u-look-like-a-hamster PetForums VIP

17. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

Lincolnshire :)

18. u-look-like-a-hamster

im not that far away from yooou
    pictures always help ;)

xx

19. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

There's pics in the first post ULLAH :)

20. u-look-like-a-hamster

ohh they aree bootiful :)

x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice