Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

4 adult male rats in need of a home

Discussion in 'Small Animal Rescue and Adoption' started by jessiboo21, Nov 5, 2012.

1. jessiboo21

jessiboo21 PetForums Newbie

I recently adopted 4 male rats. They are lovely and very cute but unfortunately they are quite nervous and nippy. I don't think they have been handled an awful lot in their lifetimes. I have done a lot of trust training with them and made some progress, but they are still very shy and wary and I have small children, so I think the noise from them may be making them a bit more timid.
    I really don't want to give them up, but I think they would benefit more from being with someone who is an experienced rat enthusiast as it is very sad to see that they are too shy to come out of their cage for free range time, even though I can see they want to.
    If there are any rat enthusiasts who can give my boys the loving and happy home they deserve then I would greatly appreciate it. I am willing to split them up and let them go as pairs. I am willing to give them away, but I would like to keep the cage they are in for future use. So you would have to have your own housing for them.

Thank you for your help.

I am in London (north)

2. Maltey

Maltey PetForums VIP

Where are you located?

3. jessiboo21

jessiboo21 PetForums Newbie

hi, I am in stamford Hill, north london.

Jess

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice