Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

31 years today

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lolas daddy, Dec 8, 2011.

1. lolas daddy

lolas daddy PetForums Junior

its 31 years today since john lennon was murdered. his killer is still inside . but who thinks he should stay there or be giving parole

2. Cranmer

Cranmer PetForums VIP

Can you not list reasons why we might wish to give or deny him parole? I dont speak for everyone, but, im not clued up on the ins and outs!

3. Nagini

Nagini Guest

#3 Nagini, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2011
  4. Superash

Superash PetForums VIP

. He deserves to stay where he bloody well is !!!:mad::mad::mad:

5. Cranmer

Cranmer PetForums VIP

But this is the thing - does he?
    When someone now can commit a far more heinous act and be out within a few years, is it really good judgement to say that this man should still be locked up? Is that fair, and just?

6. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

HE wouldnt be alive long if they did let him out he would be murdered

7. dorrit

dorrit PetForums VIP

First of all this make me feel very old..I didnt realise it was so long ago..

Yes life should mean life and this man is a very disturbed individual and who knows, he might become fixated on another celeb and do the same again if released..

However, ordinary people, the innocent victims of murderers everywhere deserve the same respect as that shown to John Lennon, their killers should also be serving real life sentences not just 8-15 years..

Being a celeb should not entitle you to a better class of justice.

Jonesey likes this.
  8. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

Couldnt have said it better.

9. Nagini

Nagini Guest

i think it`s fair to state though he`s jailed and serving time in america where the rules and judicial system is completely different to over here. life certainly does seem to mean life over there and he`s quite lucky he wasn`t facing the death penalty.

10. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

If only life meant life over here.
    Or even 10 years meant 10 years, instead of 4 years......

I do think our justice system is a joke - but thats a whole other thread :(

11. snoopydo

snoopydo PetForums VIP

Of Course he should still be there.He Shot and killed a legend....what did John Lennon do to him.....NOTHING. He SHOULD have been Hung.:mad::mad5:

12. OctodonDegus

OctodonDegus PetForums Senior

I think if the sentence is life then they should stay there for life. Anyone who can kill can't be right in the head. I think this about abuse too, anyone who can abuse isn't all there.

13. Nagini

Nagini Guest

mark chapman certainly wasnt all there in the head , he planned that murder and carried out that execution in cold blood , not only shooting john lennon once , but numerous times. he certainly meant to do it.
    which is why he quite rightly so should remain behind bars.
    lunatics like that should not be allowed to walk the street. he had an unhealthy facination with john lennon , stalked him , followed his movements and planned his murder. theres no evidence to suggest mark chapman has changed , so why should he be released to perhaps do this all over again ? why should anyone grant him that opportunity , yes , john lennon was famous he`d have probably still got that very same sentence had he murdered someone that wasn`t , look at the statistic`s for long prison sentences in the usa for gunning down people in cold blood , most if not all are either life sentences , or sentences long enough for them to not make it out of prison in other than in a box.

14. Jonesey

Jonesey PetForums VIP

I agree with the above. People get less time for killing babies and every sentence for taking a human life should be the same. :( I thought that a 'life sentence' was supposed to mean 20yrs? But I'm not sure. I know here you can be labeled a dangerous offender (meaning that if you get out the risk is very high that you will kill again) and get an unlimited amount of time or REAL life in prison, I don't know about this guy. I think if you asked John Lennon being the peaceful man that he was, he might think 30yrs was enough. And I don't know anything about this man, whether he's remorseful or fascinated with other famous people or his chances of re-offending.

15. canuckjill

canuckjill PetForums VIP

it was planned and deliberate....he should stay there.....Lyles murderer coped to manslaughter and only got 4 yrs served less than 3 what a joke. Canadian law is based on British law....

16. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

Hardly Charles Manson or John Wayne Gacy but still a very unbalanced individual.
    Despite numerous parole hearings (all denied) Chapman will indeed remain where he is for the rest of his days.
    They won't release him because they know his Alter ego is a threat to him.

At the time of the shooting he believed he was serving the purpose he was destined for, to rid the world of what he perceived 'phoney people' and from the ruins of an mixed up and fairly non-descript and 'Nowhere Man' he became Holden Caulfied (the protagonist of 'Catcher in the Rye')

At his trial when asked if he had anything to say Chapman quoted the following from the novel;

I keep picturing these little kids playing some game in this big field of Rye. Thousands of little kids, and there's nobody around. Nobody big, I mean, except me.
    I'm standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff.
    I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them.
    That's all I do all day. I'd just be the catcher in the Rye.

17. Clare7435

Clare7435 PetForums VIP

First of all i would like to say he should stay where he is and rot for taking life, however...does it not infuriate you that when someone famous gets murdered the killer gets this length of time ....yet a normal hard working citizen gets murdered and they get what?
    In 2009 a friend of the family was stabbed in the back, she was 8 weeks off having her little girl and both of them died, the prick who did it claimed insanity even though he had NO history of this but despite this they said he was not insane and gave him a measly 20 fkn years which means he'll be out in 14 no doubt, whilst Claire and her baby girl where buried together when they should have been starting a new life as a family.
    I don't for one minute think that the murderer of John Lenon should be released but I Do think that sentencing for this sort of thing should be life as in a full life.... till the ashole rots in hell

18. blackdiamond

blackdiamond PetForums Senior

He should stay where he is, also he should of been given the death penalty.
    Our judicial system is very different to the USA & we should have the same as them. Life should mean life at the end of the day.

XxX

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice