Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

3 week old mouse

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by annir9, Jan 15, 2012.

1. annir9

annir9 PetForums Junior

His bottom seems to be bleeding. A fairbit. He's also walking on funny. kind of with his back legs up. Is there anything i can do for him?

2. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

Get him to a vet.

3. elmthesofties

elmthesofties PetForums Senior

Take him to the vet ASAP and make sure he's comfortable in the mean time.
    How did you get hold of him? 3 weeks old is very, very young. Good breeders won't rehome their small rodents until they're probably double that age, or maybe a little less if the litter is doing especially well.

4. annir9

annir9 PetForums Junior

i have a litter of 11...they are all still with mummy. what could it be? Should i take him to the vet and seperate him from mummy?

5. EllesBelles

EllesBelles PetForums Senior

I wouldn't seperate them permanently if you can help it - he's still very young. I'd just get a vets appointment as soon as possible - tonight if you can, or tomorrow morning at the absolute latest.

It doesn't sound like he is in a good way and if you leave it too long you might be past any chance of treating his problems.

6. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

He needs the vets now.

7. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Take him and the res of the litter along with mum to the vets, it could be something they can sort out easily but with such a tiny, delicate creature it really needs sorting out now. Are there any other adults in the cage who might have injured him?

8. annir9

annir9 PetForums Junior

I feel so awful now!

I rang the vets first thing Yesterday morning as i couldnt get him in Sunday night..couldnt get my baby mouse in until today. Woke up this morning and He didnt make it threw the night :(

Wish i could of had him in the vets yesterday! he Might be with us today :(

9. forgotten~myth

forgotten~myth PetForums VIP

I'm sorry he didn't make it. :( Dont beat yourself up.bIt happens so easily with delicate little creatures like these. Keep an eye on the other babies just to be sure. You did your best. My thoughts are with you.
    FM
    xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice