Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

3 Rabbits

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Daisy Rosy and Cola, May 5, 2010.

1. Daisy Rosy and Cola

Daisy Rosy and Cola PetForums Newbie

hi everyone. im new here. i have 3 rabbits 2 which are best of friends but i want to put this other one with them. has anybody got any tips on putting them together? is 3 a bad number?

thank you in advance

2. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

Hiya, and welcome :)

First of all I'm gonna have to ask you a few questions :) are they boys or girls? Are they spayed/neutered? How old are they? It makes a difference how you go about it!

You need to find a neutral space(it only needs to be small) and have a few days to bond them. Pop them all in the room, and sit with them. Fur pulling is allowed to a certain extent but just push them apart or spray them with water if it gets too out of hand.
    If they are humping each other, you need to step in and stop it, and obviously if they fight you do. Don't actually take them away from each other unless they draw blood, otherwise they will learn if they fight they dont have to deal with the other one anymore!

One of the easiest ways of bonding them is to take them for a car ride! If you put them all in a dog crate/indoor cage and get someone to drive you while you keep an eye on them with a water bottle in hand! When they come back, keep them in the crate for a while, before letting them have more space(neutral area) If you cant take them in the car, put the cage on top of a washing machine on spin cycle :p

3 is a fine number to have together, I had a 3 which I then bonded with a 2, to make 5, but I have 4 now.

Now we need pics :)

*Heidi*

3. Emmiiee

Emmiiee PetForums Senior

a car journey and washing machine ahha that made me chuckle lol, ive never heard of that :/, does it actually work? and how lol x

4. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

It works by making them scared of the situation. they cling to what they know, which is the other rabbits. They forget that they dont know each other because they want to huddle together. The car is how I bonded my 5, it works wonders!!!

*Heidi*

5. Daisy Rosy and Cola

Daisy Rosy and Cola PetForums Newbie

thank you to all of you that have replied. i have now decided to give my rabbit Cola to a friend of mine. i also have a dog and it takes up alot of time. i would like it to have a good life with someone with more time on their hands

6. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

Well I never!

Cant say any more!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice