Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

3 rabbits together

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by CjB, Jan 18, 2014.

1. CjB

CjB PetForums Newbie

Hi, This is my first post on this forum, so hi to all.

We have just lost Maisy. We had her for 8 years and most of that time she lived and played in our garden with her sister Honey.

There's talk now of getting some more bunnies, perhaps 3. What combination of male/female would work best as I understand that fights can break out even if they are all unsexed.

thanks in advance...Carl

2. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

its all about matching personalities, a higer ratio of females to males often works best, and obviously all should be neutered/spayed

3. Lopside

Lopside PetForums VIP

Have you still got honey? Is she to be a part of the group?

4. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

Hello and welcome.

I'm so sorry to hear about Maisie - binky free Maisie.

One male and two females is most likely to be successful, but as Lilmiss says, it depends on personalities.

When you get babies, you can't really tell how their characters will change, and whether they will stay bonded.

Also, at some point, when hormones kick in, the male would need to be neutered, then separated for some weeks (as they can still make the does pregnant). Then you would need to have the does spayed, wait till they healed, then rebond (which doesn't always work).

I can strongly recommend going to a rescue, and choosing a ready bonded group. They should already be neutered/spayed, and vaccinated, which is so much easier - and what you see is what you get.

5. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

Obviosuly depends on personality.
    We had two boys bonded -bo female bunny. Than a other two boys and when Funky passed away we got another boy bonded with our Baby Roo.

We also have two brothers -they are bonded with one girl -they all fine but those two boys are always together -they just love each other to bits.

We have two girls only and two pairs -boys and girl.

I would go o rescue place as people woking there would be able to tell you what personality would work best with bunny you already have.

Good luck and welcome at forum. Keep us updated about your buns.

6. CjB

CjB PetForums Newbie

Many thanks for the replies. There's some info there which we wouldn't of thought of.

No Lopside we lost Honey a while ago so bunnilles atm.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice