Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

3 more to arrive home today, when is it. . .

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by haeveymolly, Aug 18, 2009.

1. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

going to end, just seen on t.v 3 more bodies of our soldiers have been flown back home today, how many more lives have to be lost before we can say enough is enough. My eldest sons best friend and a friend of the family is due to go to afganistan next month and has said the chances of him coming home is looking more doubtfull by the day, all this is so wrong, whats it all for?

2. bird

bird PetForums VIP

We are alledgely driving out global terrorism, but this is somewhere that we should never have got involved. The russians with all their might and power never got anywhere what the hell makes our stupid governement think we can do better. I think basically we are there because "st tony" was unable to tell bush where to go, he had not got the guts unlike - think it may have been wilson - who had the guts to tell America where to go when they wanted us to get invovled with vietnam.
    I HAVE NO FAMILY IN FORCES THESE DAYS BUT I WANT OUR LADS HOME SAFE NOW

3. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

I see this on the news this morning
    I feel so sorry for the famalies

4. haeveymolly

AGREE!!!!!!!!!!! the government are killing our boys.

5. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

I feel desparately sorry for the families that have lost their loved one. My bil served in Iraq when it all started out there and we were on pins until he returned.

6. haeveymolly

I know its just heartbreaking, and even for the ones that make it and come home safe its a long haul to ever be the same again if ever,with what they see and experience over there.

7. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

It is terrible:(:( They should all have been home long ago!!:mad:

8. CatzEyes

CatzEyes PetForums VIP

I am an American but agree with you whole heartedly. We have lost to many young lives and it needs to end. I have friends who have children over there in Iraq and Afganistan and they worry about them everyday.

9. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

Even for the families who have people over there. Not knowing if they are going to be next to have someone turn up and tell them that their loved one has been killed

10. haeveymolly

I really dont know how these families carry on every day.

11. haeveymolly

You must dread evey day the knock on the door, the telephone ringing, how you do it i dont know, its not just the men/lads suffering here the families suffer just as much but in a different way, the families like you are hero's too.

12. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

Its terrible i dont know any one in the forces but my heart goes out to them all, i was watching it on the news this morning, they need to be bought home.

13. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Why do we all ( i mean the world) feel the need to start wars anyway?

After 9/11 when that war started i was like 'oh sure, thats really going to help' in a sarcastic manner. And it hasnt. All its done is lose more and more lives.

14. Dylan & Daisy

Dylan & Daisy PetForums VIP

Unfortunately the price for war is always costly in human life and while i don't think the Afghan war is our war and we shouldn't be fighting in it, these men & women joined the forces knowing that one day they could actually be doing the job they signed up to do....fight! and they could pay the highest price for it.....their life!

15. haeveymolly

It was always my understanding that they joined to fight for "queen and country" they are fighting for neither our queen or our country.:mad:

16. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

I left the RAF very recently (I'm actually still on terminal leave until my out date at the end of this month) and have done one tour in Iraq and four in Afghanistan.

As a Chinook engineer I never had to go out into the field but was based in the Helmand province for a good chunk of the time where we ran the helicopter which basically works as an air ambulance, picking up injured troops and civilians from the field.

Some of the things I saw coming off our aircraft and a near miss with a rocket were what finally convinced me to leave.

While almost all of the troops I've encountered are still proud to serve, there is a growing feeling that we are being used as pawns by politicians and not seen as people at all.

17. haeveymolly

I agree so much and i am not suprised your out

18. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

If that's what you think you must be living in cloud cuckoo land.

They join the army and fight where they are sent, whether we like it or not.

Boys and Girls are still joining the army and know that they will one day be fighting in Afghanistan, and that they may be killed, but they are prepared to take that risk.

So if they still joining knowing all this, we should be supporting them and not keep moaning.

People seem to be surprised when a soldier gets killed well that's what happens when you join the army.

Don't get me wrong I feel for the families who Boys & Girls get hurt or killed, but they are soldiers and that's what happens.

19. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Very Very sad, and one of them is from my home town.

20. haeveymolly

I still think its terrible having them losing their lives and risking lives for something that will never benefit this country and yes i think everyone does support them and dont mistake everyones "concern" for "moaning".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice