Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

3 international roaming? any problems for you?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kathryn773, Jul 25, 2009.

1. kathryn773

kathryn773 PetForums VIP

Kids have gone to france (near spain) with the ex. Kids and I have been with 3 just a month now. They are unable to do the international roaming thing. I have phoned 3 twice today, both times being assured the phones are set up for international roaming, but they cannot get it.
    I have been able to contact them once via the ex, they used his phone to point out the problem. They have manually selected the network that 3 told me to tell them via the ex.
    I now get the feeling he has not passed on my next text. I need to know whats happening with the phones.
    I only found out they got there cause I got my sister in law to text him and ask.
    I am at a loss now.
    Is 3 a really rubbish network? other people have said they had not problems international roaming.
    I am going to Greece on Monday feeling very sick that i will not be able to contact my kids.

2. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I'm only with 3 on a laptop contract, sorry!

3. kathryn773

kathryn773 PetForums VIP

have phoned 3 for a third time!
    Someone is LYING!
    Ex said the kids have tried to manually select the networks suggested.
    3 say they can see the kids have not!
    :cursing:

4. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

Can't 3 do it for them or ask your sister inlaw? shaw they're fine but i'd be pulling my hair out as well

5. kath123

kath123 Guest

I hope you dont mind me asking but

How long have they gone for?

Have they been on holiday with him abroad before?

Do you get on ok with your ex? xxx

6. kathryn773

kathryn773 PetForums VIP

been gone 24 hours. yes, been abroad before,
    no, 3 cannot do it for them
    sister in law has been texted to say it (manually selecting network ) doesnt work
    NO! I DO NOT GET ON WITH THE EX!
    and now his phone goes straight through to answer phone. - switched it off :cursing:

We never had a problem on O2. :cursing:

What was the point of checking before we went to 3 that the phones would work in France?
    What was the point of contacting 3 to tell them they were going and set up international roaming?

Im off to bed now to get tomorrow to come sooner

#6 kathryn773, Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  7. kathryn773

kathryn773 PetForums VIP

problem solved

the error was with 3!

i spoke with an intelligent person this morning who had solved it in seconds.
    it was to do with the limit on the credit spend that i set at 0 so they couldnt run up a bill, being told the block wouldnt work abroad.

Well it did!

She has set a £10 limit on their phones. daughers first text came through as i was still on phone to 3.

8. animallover111

Glad you got it sorted.......

9. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

aww im glad your panic is over, i hate ringing anyone with problems, i have to argue with them untill they think im a crazy lady! and then i put my OH on who says the same thing as me and they sort it! do they have a problem with women or something?

10. animallover111

Im not sure why that happens but got to admit lately when i ring companies to sort things out eg bank etc...the person on the other end of the phone can hardly speak english...i spend hours on hold then they hang up on me....:mad:

11. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

yeap ive found that too, its not on, but companies are getting rid of all the English services its so frustrating. just to save money

12. animallover111

I think most call centres now are in India...i know i rang BT a few weeks ago and i ended up on the phones for ages getting nowhere....:mad:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice