Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

2hrs in car with dog - any tips?????

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by xxxannxx, Jul 2, 2009.

1. xxxannxx

xxxannxx PetForums Newbie

Hiya, am due to to go away for week with my parents and am taking my 13wk old yorkie x jack russell pup. He is used to travelling short distances in boot of car, but on this occasion will be in back with me and my son, for around 2 hours. Am planning on bringing his bed for him to sit on, a few toys, and obviously plenty of water, but was wondering if anyone had any other tips for travelling with him, and keeping him happy while cooped up in car full of people!!!

2. alphadog

alphadog PetForums VIP

Plan a good stop off, somewhere ha can really stretch his legs (and do his business)
    Have a look on here for a good rest stop Driving with Dogs :)

3. HighlandQuine

HighlandQuine PetForums Senior

I just did 2 x 200 mile trips with my boy this week (on different days!) and he was brilliant. He has a car harness on and he just lies down and sleeps, except when the car slows and then he sits up because he think's he's arrived!

We just made sure the windows were open all the time, he had plenty of stops and lots of drinks.

Hope you have a good trip! :)

4. james1

james1 PetForums VIP

air con and a walk after an 1 - 1.5 hrs, and take a flask of water :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice