UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:huh:hi guys, is this normal my bitch will be 28 days from first mating tomorrow morning. she is going to get palpated tomorrow afternoon but she has started being picky with her food. she has a mix or dry and raw.

few days ago she started being picky with her dry food, since yesterday she started turning her nose up to my raw mixtures. she refused yesterday but then ate a raw chicken wing. then tonight she has turned her nose up at the mixture of tripe, fish and pasta. she ate the fish bits, so i thought i wud try a more fishy one and she then turned her nose up at that.

she even turned her nose up at a chip off my dinner plate, but then ate some of the pastry off my chicken pie.

sorry this is long but is this normal if she is day 28? and how cn i help her eat? :huh: :confused:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we thought she was preg before, had all the symptoms the lot, but was off her food from day 1, then when she was palpated there wasnt anything found i was gutted. i am just worried as hell that when i go tomorrow they will say the same and now she is being picky with her food. she jst likes me to worry i tell ya.

she had three 20 min ties and was more relaxed and stood with tail to side for few days. last time we did bloods and was told what day and it was all wrong coz she wudnt stand and only had two slips.

if the vet says there isnt any tomorrow i will probs stand there and cry, feel like crying at the thought right now :(

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
we thought she was preg before, had all the symptoms the lot, but was off her food from day 1, then when she was palpated there wasnt anything found i was gutted. i am just worried as hell that when i go tomorrow they will say the same and now she is being picky with her food. she jst likes me to worry i tell ya.

she had three 20 min ties and was more relaxed and stood with tail to side for few days. last time we did bloods and was told what day and it was all wrong coz she wudnt stand and only had two slips.

if the vet says there isnt any tomorrow i will probs stand there and cry, feel like crying at the thought right now :(
When i have had my bitch mated i have always gone on her never had bloods done all bitches are different ,my girl always ovulates and is ready to be mated on day 13 of her season and has produced two litters of six puppies each time , keep your chin up and go in there with a positive attitude am sure all will be fine

·
Registered
519 Posts
Fingers crossed for you. Mine had same being off her food andshe loves her grub. Got her palpated at 28days told "chain of lumps" so started preparing. Got her scanned few weeks later and no pups!!!

So hope it works for you.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I had 2 related bitches who both went on to have 11 pups each. One retained a great appetite throughout her pregnancy, the other had a reduced appetite from about 3 wks post mating. She got so bad that by 6wks plus she was living off fresh air practically. She was fed raw and always had been, I increased the amount of meals I gave her but reduced portion size initially, but slowly she went off almost everything. By the end I was offering her anything just to get her to eat something. At that point I did not know how many pups she was carrying but with hindsight it was good to know that eating or not the pups will be ok. She was never sick, so I can only assume that she either felt nauseous, or maybe felt too uncomfortable to eat. She really worried me though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had 2 related bitches who both went on to have 11 pups each. One retained a great appetite throughout her pregnancy, the other had a reduced appetite from about 3 wks post mating. She got so bad that by 6wks plus she was living off fresh air practically. She was fed raw and always had been, I increased the amount of meals I gave her but reduced portion size initially, but slowly she went off almost everything. By the end I was offering her anything just to get her to eat something. At that point I did not know how many pups she was carrying but with hindsight it was good to know that eating or not the pups will be ok. She was never sick, so I can only assume that she either felt nauseous, or maybe felt too uncomfortable to eat. She really worried me though.
Thank you, u have put mine mind at rest that its fine for her to be off her food and there still might be babies in there

·
Banned
3,379 Posts
Yes...Ive had my girls go off food early on.....I pander to their whims with some wet puppy food or boiled fish or chicken until they feel like eating normally again.

Hope its good news and that pups are on the way.....very much sounds like it:)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bet you tomorrow you are posting that there will soon be the pitter patter of tiny paws in your house :D
Hi, well we have been today. the vet thinks she is in whelp but cnt be 100% sure as she was hardening everything up stopping him feeling. he asked us to bring her bk in 10 days, but he was happy to say he thinks she is.

today her belly has started to harden and fill out (this didnt happy with her phantom). sadly the salmon she had and loved last night hasnt agreed with her and she has had an allergic reaction, her face has swollen up, he cnt give her anything for it, it jst has to settle by its self.

She has also put on 4kg :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.