Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

22 day old mice

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Skye.C, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Skye.C

Skye.C PetForums Newbie

Alright so, one of my mice had their pups 22 days ago, everything seemed fine until the mother started tearing them to shreds, she was removed and the young were placed with a female that was currently producing milk.
    They seemed to be going fine, although they were tiny, and development was slow. 22 days later and some of them don't have their eyes open, or only have one eye open. I dont think this is normal. With that being said, they are leaving the nest, eating and all that kinda stuff .. they just dont seem to be growing. Placing them up against a recent litter of 9, 7 day old pups you can see a real difference. The younger pups are developing fine, big plump healthy young. They're around the size of the 22 day olds. Please help me understand what's going on with the older litter! Did I do something wrong? Was the mother correct for killing some of the young???

If you need photos, i can provide them

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice