Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

?????

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by yabbadoo, Jan 7, 2012.

1. yabbadoo

yabbadoo Banned

I joined the Forum and immediately posted an "Introduction".

24 hours later my post has still not been approved. If we post a comment and it has to be agreed by a Moderator, then God knows how much longer we have to wait. What good is it being a member of this Forum with a delayed action restriction on posts ?

A post should come up immediately, not 24 - 48 hours later after some Moderator has condescended to pass it.

I would like an explanation, otherwise why waste my time on this Forum ? I have no wish to play with last weeks news.

2. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Wow, what an intial post ;)

Maybe you posted a link in your first post, perhaps if you read the rules, this may help? It could explain why you're still waiting for a post to be approved :)

3. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

Maybe you should apply to be a moderator then, as obviously you could do a better job than the ones we have;)

4. EllesBelles

EllesBelles PetForums Senior

Yeah, I'd look through the forum rules - most posts are instant, unless there is a reason that they may need moderating.

Welcome, by the way.

5. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

Welcome to the forum :D you will fit in just fine:D:D:D

6. hawksport

hawksport Banned

I just condescended to approve your first post
    Usually if we miss one a new member leaves a polite reminder in a visitor message on our walls

7. yabbadoo

yabbadoo Banned

Thank you all for your replies and a special thanks to Hawksport for approving my post.

I am both embarrassed and very sorry to have sent this "urge" post. It was unnecessary, but I was confused and puzzled by what I thought was a rather long delay in approving a simple and to my mind a very nicely composed introduction.

Having been prompted to post an introduction by the kind words of the Forum`s opening Email, I was totally surprised that it never went straight through and had to be approved. I found this unusual.

Please do not think too bad of me for being an impatient Newbie rather unfamiliar with the community house rules etc. I know your Administration and Moderators do a fine job, beyond may I say "The call of duty" in running what appears to be a superb, versatile and extensive pet Forum.

My sincere apologies to all.

8. hawksport

hawksport Banned

Don't worry about it. I think it was because you included a picture. You can imagine the sort of things that some new members try to post on the forum

9. yabbadoo

yabbadoo Banned

Oh Hawksport,

I bet you are in the same position as a film censor, enjoying every minute of some exotic, mouth watering material and then banning it for everybody else.

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice