Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

2 Year old Chow-mix needs loving home

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by ForLoveNeeko, Nov 26, 2018.

1. ForLoveNeeko

ForLoveNeeko PetForums Newbie

About him
    Neeko also responds to dog-face, pooch, dog-brain or whatever nickname we decide to throw at him... He is a clever, medium sized dog with an abnormally fluffy neck! He enjoys being trained, since it's the one-on-one attention he loves to get. He is also playful, yet will calm down in a moment if you want to sit and relax with him.

For some reason he is non-destructive and doesn't go on furniture. He is also fully house trained. He adores his walks, sniffing and gets along well with most other dogs. Since he never lived with other dogs, he might need slow adjusting to living with other dogs, but he will love having a play friend.

Take note
    As we all know, not all dogs fit in with everyone, therefore there are some things you should know if you want to consider him as your best friend for life. Since we don't have any children around us, he is skittish of them. He also takes a while to warm up to new people, we believe that is his guard-dog personality coming through. He will be wary with you and anyone you know, take it slow and he will be fine :)

He tends to be a velcro dog at times. He reacts to us moving around. Since this triggers my anxiety, we have been trying to train him not to do this, so if you like it, then it won't take much to retrain him to follow you by reinforcing the behaviour. If you don't like it, you need to be up to continuously training him to stay put.

As a chow-mix, he kept all the good traits, and none of the stubbornness. He does shed and seem to prefer fish over meat. If you're a vegan, the chow-part does well on less meat.

End note
    He can be excitable, but he is mostly very calm. He can definitely be therapeutic, as he seems to understand when we feel off. He will come and sit by us, allowing us to gently stroke him while we get better. As all dogs, he simply wants someone who can accept him for him, love him and give him plenty of attention. If you have a lot of time on your hands for him, he might be the friend you need through thick and thin.

He is neutered and is current with all his vaccinations. We are in Spain, but we want to send him abroad (too many dog baiting and other cruelty in our area) and we are willing to pay for him to get shipped to the right home.

If you have any questions, please ask, as the more you know, the better you'll understand him!

Attached Files:

2. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Perhaps you can tell us a bit about why you are rehoming your dog.

3. ForLoveNeeko

ForLoveNeeko PetForums Newbie

Hi there McKenzie. Well that will be me... For some reason I'm not coping. I thought it was the puppy blues when I got it in the beginning so I decided to tough it out, but instead of going away, it has gotten worse. I'd rather not go into detail in what exactly I'm going through, as not even my family know the full extent.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice