Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

2 tarantulas free to GOOD home

Discussion in 'Spiders and Inverts' started by bitmonkey, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bitmonkey

bitmonkey PetForums Newbie

Hi,

I have a G.Rosea about 4.5" (around 4 years old) and a B.Smithii around 3.5" (around 2 to 3 years old) which I need to rehome. I shall miss them, but they have to go.

Oddly enough ALL my tarantulas ended up with names of the wrong sex, so these two girls are known as Boris (the G.Rosea) and Morris (the B.Smithii).

Both have nice temperaments and have been handled with no trouble, although I don't believe in handling spiders as a general practice as I don't believe the spider gets any benefit from it and there are risks (dropping, biting, scuttling off and hiding). In any case though, they are as docile and as friendly as a tarantula gets.

They are either free to a GOOD home or shipped at cost.

They are in Hastings on the south coast.

Replies only from good homes please - I'd prefer the new owners had tarantula experience or at least understand how best to care for these fascinating little critters and that they really aren't "pets" in the usual sense, even the friendliest of spiders can and will flick hairs at you and/or bite if they feel threatened or even just for no discernable reason at all.

2. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

It's a shame that you're so far away. My bf really wants a G.Rosea and B.smithi.

I hope you find good homes for them soon :)

3. bitmonkey

Hi Marcia,

Thanks for the reply. I'd be prepared to send them in the post carefully packed in tissue inside a couple of layers of boxes, that's how I received two I ordered online once and they seemed to cope fine with it.

If you'd be interested and happy to cover shipping costs (not a lot I wouldn't think, probably 5 to 10 pounds) I could arrange to send them to you that way.

PM me and let me know.

4. bitmonkey

BUMP.

No reply from Marcia in the thread and I can't PM yet as a new member - please can someone who can PM send Marcia a message and let her know I came back in the thread. I'd like to give her an opportunity first then I'll open it back up to others.

thanks

5. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

Hi. Sorry i didn't get back to you.

Is it a bit risky to send them in this weather? with there being alot of snow and ice.

6. bitmonkey

Hi Marcia,

I wouldn't send them at the moment, but in a couple of weeks once temperatures are a bit more normal and the post is not backed up I'd have no problem posting them. I'd send them next day delivery anyway so they weren't too long in transit.

7. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

Do you have any pics?

8. heidiandruby

heidiandruby PetForums Newbie

sent you a message

9. callum0588

callum0588 PetForums Newbie

hi there m8 have you still got the spiders if so i will take them off your hands and pay the postage and give you a drink cheers

10. VampiricLust

VampiricLust PetForums Senior

Have these got a home now? :001_tt1:

I love tarantulas and have been looking into rehoming one :001_tt1:

11. Sharpman

Sharpman PetForums Newbie

have these been re homed yet , i will be willing to pay the postage for them

12. bitmonkey

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for the interest, but Boris and Maurice now have a new home.

13. TIGER COURIERS

TIGER COURIERS PetForums Junior

Iam A Defra Approved Animal Courier And Often Do Runs From Hastings Pm For More Info

14. links1011

links1011 Banned

[intrested i nthe tarantulars if u can shiped them to me i wil pay the shipping cost sed u a post order plz get back to me asap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice