Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

2 queens ...2 litters ..... 1 problem (!)

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by purrlover, Jun 17, 2010.

1. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

hi all.. Rosie and Honey are both doing well , so are the kittens (still not got any good pics !) they are both in my special area im keeping for the births etc... both got there own boxes ... and youve guessed it they keep swapping babies around ! rosie feeds her two... but honey cleans them ...rosie always trying to feed honeys kittens ... im taking this as normal...ALL kittens are gaining weight etc ... im thinking i have a big dog cage spare im thinking of putting them all in together ...is this ok ?? ive googled this problem and it comes up as natural for cats ... any advice as to what you good people would do ? please
    julie x
    Ameeka Manx, breeders of Manx cats in Derbyshire uk

2. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

It sounds like they're just helping each other out which is brill. If all kittens are gaining weight and mums are ok with each other (which sounds like they are) then I see no problem with it :)

3. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

aww i cant wait to se more pictures, it would be nice to see pics of them all together,:thumbup:..:thumbup:...:thumbup:

4. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

Hi Julie,
    All sounds good to me, they are used to each other anyway aren't they so seems natural I would think to help each other, these cats really do have a lot to answer for don't they bless them or maybe its that we need to learn more prob more like it ha-ha glad all going well for you tho:D:D

Mo xxx

5. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

Quite normal, I have two Mums sharing five kittens at the moment. No cause for alarm at all.

Liz

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice