Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

2 or 3 meals a day??

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Puppy Love, Apr 1, 2008.

1. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

That is easy just feel for the pin bones you should just be able to feel the pin bones they should not be totally covered - too fat and they should not be protruding - too thin I feel our dogs every morning whilst they are feeding and adjust the food accordingly.

2. Puppy Love

Puppy Love PetForums Senior

Sorry I don't mean to be so thick but where are the pin bones???!!!

Her habits today have been:- had full feed about 8am then has eaten nothing now until about 1/2 hr ago and she had a little. Tomorrow she will probably eat everything in front of her again and so on.

Puppy Love x

3. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

Sorry missed this one:( her pin bones are her hips if you like think of a cow and the bits that stick right up on their bottom that is her pin bones they are always quite clear on an irish

4. Puppy Love

Puppy Love PetForums Senior

Thanks again tashi - I seem to spend my time talking to you about one thing or another.

Puppy Love x

p.s. Im off to bed now - good night all xx

5. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

np anytime and if you get really desparate will give you my e-mail addy or phone number have a good sleep speak soon

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice