Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

2 months on

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by DebsH, May 22, 2012.

1. DebsH

DebsH PetForums Newbie

I'm still missing our little Ferg like mad, and I feel so sorry for A-Jay who up until Ferg passed away has never been on his own in his 17 years, he's lost something of himself. I still talk to Ferg when I'm hanging washing out - he's buried near the whirlygig - I'm sure the neighbours must think I'm completely mad.

At least a few little mysteries have been cleared up now, like who ate all the cat biscuits in copious amounts. I've always blamed A-Jay because Ferg had hardly any teeth left, but could never understand why Ferg was still a little tubby when he never seemed to eat very much. He clearly used to wait until we'd left the kitchen before tucking in, he was very good at the 'what on earth are you feeding me' look when his food was put down and the 'I'm totally disgusted' walk away from his dish. I didn't think for a minute that it was him troughing all the biscuits.

I desperately miss all those little irritating habits like him plodding up the bed and sticking his face into mine and his very loud rasping purr when I was in a deep sleep, scratching the stair carpet to bits in lots of places, nicking chairs just as you were about to sit down, and the huge amounts of ginger fluff over absolutely everthing and which was attracted to black clothes like a magnet. I went to an all day conference once in my best black work trousers and was horrified on taking them off when I got home to find the bum completely covered in ginger fluff. What on earth did people think!

So I'm making sure that A-Jay is spollt to bits in his twilight years, I know he's not going to be around for ever and his arthritis is getting worse by the week. I'm dreading the day he goes, but what a brilliant time I've had with them both, they've been worth every penny we've spent (lots in Ferg's case) and absolutely worth every minute of every day they've been with us. It's been a huge privilege to have had them.

Deb

2. catsandcanines

catsandcanines PetForums Member

Its sad and hurts like mad when they go but the memories live on.

3. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

Hi Deb..sending over a big hug from Sky...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice