Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

2 months already.

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by JaideJosephinex, Apr 25, 2016.

1. JaideJosephinex

JaideJosephinex PetForums Newbie

tomorrow will mark 2 months since had had to put our FloBo to sleep. The pain of losing her, it's still hard.

Bit of a background on my big girl.

In May 2013 I had finally convinced my other half to let me have another dog, I was a stay at home mum who suffered with anxiety and depression and needed something else. We got Flo, she was 2 years old, a complete nutter, she was 8kg underweight when we got her and it was heart breaking to see. 7 weeks after we got her she gave birth to 5 beautiful boys, Alfie, Buster, Marley, Dodger and Nugget. All but one went to family and friends.
    We already had a Yorkshire terrier who was more like a baby than a dog, and although I love both my dogs dearly I love them in completely different ways. Flo was more like my therapy dog, she knew what to do when I was having an anxiety attack, and because of her even on bad days I had to leave the house to walk her. She was a massive pain up the butt, but she was mine and she was always there.
    By the time she left us she was a little overweight, we got a lot of moaning from family members etc about her weight but she was pure muscle, not an ounce of fat on her.
    We were often told she wasn't other people's cup of tea, she was always in people's faces and needing to be centre of attention, but hardly anyone got to see her how she really was, a calm, cuddly, drool covered, friend.
    She was so much more to me than just a pet, and she will never be forgotten for us. I'm actually getting my tattoo for her in the next few weeks, it will read "nothing loved is ever lost" with a paw print.

I just felt the need to write about her somewhere, to remember her.

Polly G likes this.
  2. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

She looked lovely. Sorry for your loss.

3. snickypoo

snickypoo PetForums VIP

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful Flo with us, she sounds like a very special girl, her pictures are lovely. I can relate to how you must be feeling, I lost my 'shadow' and best friend Koko in October 2015, I had the same kind of relationship with her as you describe you had with Flo, I was ill (still am) for the last 3 yrs of Koko's life, she lay at the side of my bed and kept me company all day everyday, only leaving my side to go out for her walks with my son, even then, she couldn't wait to get back to me.:(
    I miss her so much as you obviously miss your lovely girl too. Your tattoo will be a wonderful tribute to Flo, I really hope that you will find some comfort in it, that and all your treasured memories of your special friend xxx Take Care xxx

MilleD likes this.
  4. Skyedpup

Skyedpup PetForums Newbie

I lost Skye 6 weeks ago - he too got me through illness a constant companion as I went through treatment for breast cancer - Because of him I had to go out when I may have just curled up and stayed in bed. Flo looked like a special dog too they both earned special places in our hearts x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice