Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

2 male gerbils in 3 foot tank

Discussion in 'Small Animal Rescue and Adoption' started by kelly82, Jul 26, 2009.

1. kelly82

kelly82 PetForums Junior

2 male gerbils, brothers, we took them in as they were unwanted and being kept in a 12" x12" tank with just food and water so i took them in a few months back when our old gerbil passed away at 5 years old. they are a sandy colour with white markings. lovely boys, when we got them they were not really handleable but after a lot of work are now really coming out of their shells,they dont bite and are happy to sit and be stroked in your hand. they were extremely overweight at 125g and 175g but are now starting to slim down a bit with the extra room they have in their 36" x 12" tank with toys etc. due to personal circumstances we are looking to rehome them, they are going with their home and all their toys for free. paddy and max posers.jpg

2. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

oh their beautiful, why are you so far away!!

3. kelly82

kelly82 PetForums Junior

:) where are you cassie? they are lovely boys, so much fun to watch, they are super active, im guessing that all that time stuck in a tiny tank means they make the most of life now they have room and toys :D

4. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

im in stourbridge, near kidderminster, lol. really annoying cuz this time last year i was living further north and the OH was working in doncaster so the trip wouldnt have been so far. first you tease me with mice and now with gerbils!!!! im weak and your mean. lol

5. kelly82

kelly82 PetForums Junior

;) make a day of it and have all of them in both tanks with all their stuff, all for free :D

6. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

We could maybe take them on. Where abouts in hemswell cliff are you? We're only about 30mins away :)

7. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

trying to talk OH into it. lol. and the mice (not sure why its been closed but oh well)

8. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

It was closed because you're not actually allowed to post the sale of animals on here anymore.

9. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

oh yeah forgot. oops

10. kelly82

kelly82 PetForums Junior

:eek: sorry didnt know. both tanks with both the gerbils and the mice can go for free anyway to the right owner so they are not for sale.

we live on capper avenue on hemswell cliff, if you want the full address just let me know, im happy for people to come and see them and decide if they want them or not, as long as they go to good new homes il be happy :)

the 4 female mice come with 4 mini exercise balls, their 3 foot tank, accessories and toys.

the 2 male gerbils come with their 3 foot tank, and their accessories (they have eaten most of their toys right now and we are skint so cannot replace them :( )

as long as they are kept in their tanks as they are so they have the space they are used to, no extra mice or gerbils added to them and not used for breeding im happy for them to go to their new home or homes for free.

11. kelly82

kelly82 PetForums Junior

just thought id add a few pictures again of everyone :( il be sad to see them go, but we really need to find them new forever homes, and i want the best for them hence me letting them go with the full set-ups that they all live in and not sticking them on freeads or something. i want them to go to loving pet homes where i know they will be properly cared for.

minnie.jpg

2 spot.jpg

mo.jpg

moo.jpg

max and paddy posers.jpg

12. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

I have pm'd you :)

13. kelly82

kelly82 PetForums Junior

:) replied

14. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I would take the girls if you were nearer to me, but they would have to go in with my girls in their huge cage. Anyway your too far away and if Marcia is having them they couldn't be going to a better home.

15. kelly82

kelly82 PetForums Junior

:) marcia is taking the gerbils-hopefully, the mouse girls are still up for a new home. i really am hoping for a new home with their own set-up so i really dont want them mixed into another colony. but thanks anyway :D il just keep hold until the perfect home comes up :)

thedogsmother likes this.
  16. thedogsmother

They are very beautiful, I am so impressed that you are being so stringent with your rehoming requirements, so many people are just glad to get rid of an animal to anywhere, its really obvious that you love the little ladies.

17. kelly82

kelly82 PetForums Junior

:) well the gerbils have a great new home lined up for them, they will be going on thursday or friday and will get to live out their lives in the home they are used to, im so pleased :D

the female mice are still with me, and i havent found the right home for them yet, they wont go until i do find the right home. i will be very stringent about it as i took them on and am responsible for their well being, otherwise i know a man who owns a reptile place who has already offered them a new 'home' :eek:hmy: or i could have offered them to one of the other women who wanted them. maybe im being too picky, oh well, ;) they will just have to stay until the perfect person comes along :D

18. kelly82

kelly82 PetForums Junior

:D the boys have just been picked up by their lovely new owners, i have no doubt they will be spoilt rotten and treated like furry little kings ;) no worries about their future!

my mice are still here, but im not giving in, im going to be picky about who gets them, turned down another home earlier today, yet another 'i want the tank for a group of boys i have but your girls can go in with my 6 in their 3 foot tank' :cursing: i will keep them until that perfect someone happens along :)

19. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

Thank you so much for rehoming your boys to us. They're both lovely and they've already been spoilt lol :D

They have had an extra toilet roll tube and some sunflower seeds.

We're keeping their names by the way :) And Harry did not stop wanting sunflower seeds, he's a greedy lil monkey :D

20. thedogsmother

So that would be 10 mice in a 3ft tank:eek:. I know that perfect home is out there waiting for them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice