Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

2 Full Set Up Tanks FOR SALE 150L & 130L BARGAINS (SOUTH YORKS)

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium Classifieds' started by littlemissgobby, May 27, 2010.

1. littlemissgobby

littlemissgobby PetForums Newbie

SHEFFIELD S25 AREA

2 FULL SET UPS FOR SALE:

4FT (150L) with Beech cabinet - everything included in sale, heater, air pump, external filter aquaone cp-1000, lights, deco, gravel, and an Albino Oscar + Plec too, all you need is the water.:thumbup:

£250...No Offers

AquaOne 620T in dark wood effect cabinet....same as above everyhting included in sale and a Tiger Oscar + Peppered Corys.:thumbup:

£200.....No Offers

nathaliesaywell@hotmail.co.uk

2. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

Just thought I'd point out, whoever buys the tank with the Oscar and Plec had better be prepared to upgrade to something much larger within a few months.

Oscars (Astronotus ocellatus) can quite easily reach 38cm/15" within a year or so and depending on the species of Plec, this too may exceed 30cm/12". One of the most commonly available species, the Common plec (Hypostomus punctatus/Liposarcus multiradiatus, pardalis) can exceed 40cm/16".

Ideally, I'd recommend a 5 x 2 x 2ft tank as a basic minimum for these fish. This equates to a volume of roughly 540 litres/120 gallons.

3. Paul Dunham

Paul Dunham PetForums Senior

Good point Pleccy,

Too many fish are crammed into too small a tank and species which grow too large are often kept in too small an aquarium. If the animals protection agencies were doing their job properly, there would be guidelines for people to follow. The problem being the animal protection agencies have NEVER done their jobs properly.

4. littlemissgobby

littlemissgobby PetForums Newbie

Firstly let me get one thing clear, I was in the process of upgrading both tanks and have now had a major personal change at home and am now longer in a position to keep both tanks for the forseeable future, I am selling them with a view to someone who has the same interest as me, that WILL be able to upgrade the tanks at a later date.

Yorkie Girl - I can only take £250, sorry. :(

5. Paul Dunham

Paul Dunham PetForums Senior

Hello Gobby, lol

I'm sorry it wasn't supposed to be a criticism of your post. It was a response to the legitimate point Pleccy was making.

You have to remember many other fish keepers may read the advice given out on these forums and when an issue such as this arises it's better to educate people about possible implications of keeping larger fish.

Most people would like to think they have done their very best to ensure the best environment for their animals.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice