Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

2 cats with conjunctivitis ??

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Alexhannah, May 23, 2017.

1. Alexhannah

Alexhannah PetForums Member

Last Friday I took my two girl cats to the vets the older one I took because I noticed she had an eye problem which the vet said was conjunctivitis, I was given eye drops and it seems to be clearing away just fine. The younger one I took for just a general check up and she was fine. But then earlier today i noticed that her eye was now running a little also so I took her to the same vet who said that she also has conjunctivitis and to start using the same drops on her starting tommorow. Since getting home from the vets I have noticed that she has sneezed a few times (maybe 4 times) so I wondered if anyone would know if there is some kind of link between the conjunctivitis and the sneezing or not ? I also find it strange how both girls have conjunctivitis, I asked the vet if the older cat could have spread it to the younger cat and the vet said no it would be caused by bacteria or possibly dirt/dust. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might have caused it or how to prevent it reoccurring? Thank you :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice