Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

2 black cats to re-home from Leeds

Discussion in 'Cat Rescue and Adoption' started by FraserB, Nov 6, 2018.

1. FraserB

FraserB PetForums Newbie

I’ve tried all the local rescue centres but they are all not responding, full or unable to help. To be honest, I’m getting really desperate because of the impact this is having on my relationship, so ANY help is appreciated.

Hoping to re-home as a pair but will consider splitting. They are causing my new partner to have allergies and I no longer have the time to spend on them.

Maggie (photo’d in the sun on sofa) is slightly larger and more adventurous, although never seems to venture more than a few other houses away from mine. She’s confident most of the time, is not always looking for attention but will generally come for it when she wants it and can be very playful, again at times. She enjoys cooked meats/fish and will take food from hands when offered. Maggie loves to sit in the sun and always finds a warm spot in my garden or the house.
    8C7502B2-0ABE-4A21-9B8C-09740E61BC5F.jpeg

May is slightly smaller and a little skittish some of the time, not venturing far from home or the surrounding gardens. She really likes to come for attention and will happily sit with or on a person to be stroked, not taking long to get used to new people as she realises this would be more attention she can receive. She is less inclined to take food or treats from person, but still enjoys them from her bowl.
    67B8F9AB-9105-4C2A-B5E6-A6E345E63D43.jpeg

2. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

@FraserB
    Hi,
    Gorgeous cats, I love black cats :)

Can you try getting on a waiting list at a rescue? Try private rescues as well.

Now that the main kitten season as passed, hopefully spaces will be opening up.

Maybe your partner could use medication until you can find a place in a rescue.

Eilidh likes this.
  3. Eilidh

Eilidh PetForums Senior

I had to use Piriton and allergy tablets from the local chemist. It really helped, within a few weeks I no longer needed them.I was really bad, puffy eyes, itchy nose and eyes and just feeling irritated. I swear it really worked, maybe ask OH to go to the doctors?. I would try and talk to your partner and hopefully sort something out. I adore black cats. They look like wee beauties. I Find this post incredibly sad, couldn't ever imagine having to give my babies away. They are basically my family. I really hope you get something sorted.

MaggieDemi likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice