Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

2 beautiful cats need loving home/s

Discussion in 'Cat Classifieds' started by catneedslovinghome, Mar 8, 2008.

1. catneedslovinghome

catneedslovinghome PetForums Newbie

Dear cat lover,
    We haven’t posted here before but we’re doing so now because we have two cats named Fluffy and Suki who we sadly need to re-home and we are desperate to find a true cat lover who will adopt them. Our house has been repossessed and the rental house we're moving to doesn't allow pets. We would have moved somewhere else if we could have, but we couldn't find anywhere. Our credit is poor and we are self-employed - the house we're moving into had the only landlord who would take us. We have three cats in all and we have really struggled with this decision. We have been to and fro about taking them anyway because we love them so much, but it would be naive for us to think that we would be able to hide three cats. We have a seven year old son so we can't risk being evicted again. Roman, our third cat, chooses to stay mainly outdoors anyway, so we are going to take him. If anybody asks we're going to tell them that we put out some food for him but that we don't know who he belongs to!

Suki is an 8 month old long haired female tabby. She has the most beautiful soft black, grey, and strawberry blonde coat, with super cute white socks and a white patch on her chest shaped like a love heart. She has been immunised and she will be neutered before she leaves us. She is completely free of fleas/ticks/worms (we use profender spot-on's) and in excellent health. She is house-trained and loves to play outdoors for short spells in the day time (more in the summer). She is very affectionate and loving - but she isn't clingy. She wouldn't mind being left for part of the day with just some toys - or another cat. She is definitely amenable to other felines (she curls up with Fluffy all of the time) and she doesn't mind strangers (you will find her quietly waiting by their feet waiting for a stroke!). I haven't introduced her to a dog but I would predict that she wouldn't tell the difference - as long as it was up for a snuggle! She is just perfect; loving and gentle and playful.

Fluffy is a nine year old all black long haired male who we adopted two and a half years ago from an animal sanctuary. He has had problems in the past with urinary tract disease and vet intervention has been necessary several times. On the last occasion, after a catheter hadn’t done the job, we agreed for him to have a pioneering operation where his urethra was widened to prevent him ever having these problems again. The operation was risky and expensive but the vet assured us that it would effectively cure the condition completely if it was successful, and it was. This was about a month ago and he is now back to his usual lovely self – apart from the patches of hair that need to grow back! I want to reassure anybody who might take care of him not to let this frighten them off. Urinary Tract Disease is very common in older male cats – at least with Fluffy you know that you won’t have hefty vet bills for it in the future because he has already been sorted out. Fluffy is also free from fleas/ticks/worms. He has been neutered and immunised. He has an adorable little personality. Like Suki, he is very loving and affectionate – both of these cats give much more than they take. While I know it is a lot to ask for someone to take both of them, I would be so happy if they could be re-homed together. Fluffy adores Suki: he washes her, sleeps with her, and even watches her when she goes outside to make sure she doesn’t come to any harm! From what we can gather fluffy didn’t have a good time of it before we got him and what he needs now is a soft bed and somebody to lovingly offer him their lap for an hour or so in the evening. Fluffy is sooo gentle, I have a baby nephew who visited a couple of months ago and grabbed him by the long fur on his back and pulled really hard (wouldn’t recommend having baby and cat: just an illustration), and fluffy just stayed really still and waited for him to let go, before walking slowly away and getting on his cushion! He enjoys exploring outside for short spells but he is mainly a housecat. We have a big cushion for him next to a radiator and that’s were he can be found most of the time. Suki and fluffy have amazing personality's and we are thoroughly in love with them both. We feel absolutely terrible about losing them.

Neither cat exhibits any behavioural problems (but I will always be available to offer advice in the future if it is needed). They are wonderful little members of our family and whoever takes them will be lucky to have them. They come from a very loving and responsible home and I can't let them go to anything less. We couldn’t bear to take them back to the sanctuary – they were lucky last time but who knows who would get them next time? We really need to know that they are going to a true cat lover who will appreciate how beautiful and giving they are. These little creatures have given us more than our fair share of comfort and affection when we’ve needed it and made us smile everyday since we’ve had them. They would make the right person incredibly happy.

Please get in touch with me as soon as possible if you can offer either or both of them a good home. I have loads of pictures, if anybody wants me to I'll email them. You can call me on 07518998853 or email sienhoornik@aol.com. We don’t want any money for the cats and we will travel to you (distance not an issue for the right home).
    Gratefully,

Laura & Gareth x

2. bordercolliepup

bordercolliepup PetForums Senior

OMG How awful for you the cats sound lovely , hope you can find them a good home both together hopefully , I wouldn't think anyone would expect you to travel really far youv'e had enough heart ache now by the sounds of it without having to travel many miles , hopefully someone closer to you can help you , may be someone on here are closer to you and can help you out ,
    Good luck in finding them a nice home and good luck to you and yours my heart goes out to you .

3. catneedslovinghome

BorderColliePup, I hope so, and that's very kind. Thank you x

4. cupcake

cupcake PetForums Member

Where abouts are you? :)

5. thats heartbreaking

6. catneedslovinghome

Just to let you know. We've been contacted by a lovely lady who saw the post and has offered to adopt both Suki and Fluffy. I can't express how thankful I am that they will be rehomed together and I am sure that they will be given a good home. Thank you Sarah. Laura x

7. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

O that is good.

Unfortunately there will be an awful lot more of this over the next two or three years.

Liz

8. Brilliant news!

9. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

ahhhhhhhhhhh glad they have found a new home,,,,,,,,:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice