Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

2 babies bunnies smaller than 3rd

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Koylotomoto, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Koylotomoto

Koylotomoto PetForums Newbie

My rabbit gave birth to a surprise litter. 3 of them survived birth and today they are 15 days old. The biggest weighs 215 grams. The second is 188 grams and the third is 168 grams. Eyes and ears are all open. The two smaller ones missed a feeding a few days ago because they had escaped the nest and were under the blanket in the cage, so mom only fed the one in the nest. I let the two who missed their feeding climb under her and feed, but they only fed for about a minute before she hopped away. Could that be the reason why they are smaller than the third? Should I try to get them fed more? Are their weights safe and healthy for their age? I don’t want them to die because I didn’t use a tall enough box ):

2. Tiggers

Tiggers PetForums Senior

I'm not sure if rotation feeding would be appropriate ref rabbits. Alternate the smaller two with syringe feeding and natural feeding. Someone should be able to advise on formula and amounts.

Koylotomoto likes this.
  3. Koylotomoto

Koylotomoto PetForums Newbie

I have kitten milk replacer from raising an orphaned chipmunk a summer ago. I do worry about them inhaling from the syringe though, i’d feel more comfortable getting mom to feed them if that’s an option

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice