Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

1st litter and VERY VERY SCARED! PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by thompsonk, Jul 5, 2009.

1. thompsonk

thompsonk PetForums Member

Yeah she's on kitten food and eating loads, she's still got bags of energy too. She seems to like her box, just got the one for now but I'll get her a few more this week xx

2. fantastic news!

A couple more boxes for quiet areas is a good idea, although you might find she snubs them all and decides the best place for birth is your pillow in the middle of the night! ;)

3. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Yeah I have 2 boxes for selecta, she goes in there, but does prefer my bed...:001_tt2:

4. thompsonk

Haha, I've just bought a new bed so I hope she doesn't! How longs selecta got left? What a name bless her. The rspca said they will cover any costs for tilda but will not vaccinate the kits unless they take them and rehome them xx

5. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Typical of the RSPCA...least they are willing to help..

I fostered selecta and her brother bo, would you believe it!!
    so im unsure how long she has left, but she is sooo big, her tummy is hard..and for 2 days shes been really quiet and sleeping loads..iv had experience before, but with my own cat but i knew her dates...

I dont think she has long left, (saying that she will prob still be here next week)..I think this is her first litter..so im expecting abit of re-assuring her. and i will be with her all the way..

It is very exciting when they come over to you and keep meowing, they are telling you its time...its so magical seeing kittens being born..

Im keeping one and naming it MJ..after michael Jackson...:D

6. thompsonk

awww bless her. Im keeping one and calling it Sausage (my bf's choice!)

The rspca actually offered to take Tilda back and spay her now! I nearly screamed! Tell you what tho, the little fatty has terrible wind! She tried to climb into the dryer before haha but shes happily snoozing and dreaming next to me now xx

7. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

did they? omg!! no way...

aww did she? selecta hasnt done that...i was having a bath earlier and she was crying by the door..i thought, the one chance to relax before my daughter comes home and youv started labour...but no she just wanted to be in the same room as me...lol...Then when i went into the lounge she went in her box and started talking to herself...shes so funny...

:001_tt2:

8. thompsonk

awww its so exciting! keep me posted on her xx

9. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

will do, no worries x

10. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

cant believe selecta is still keeping her legs shut!! These dam animals!! they all have a conspiracy going on!

11. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

mmmm yes i know!! when she sits up, her legs are so far apart with her bump on the floor, so funny...il try and get a picture later....:smilewinkgrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice