Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

1st day of taking chamix

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by clairemac9, Jan 24, 2008.

1. clairemac9

clairemac9 PetForums Member

hi i replyed to the post yeserday do you still smoke post and i mentioned i was starting champix today, had a cig with my cuppa this morn then took my champix tablet by 7 o clock i felt uttermost nausea lay on couch i was that frightend i was going to vomit i coulnd move of the couch the feeling soon wore off but hey iv had but 1 cigerette allday (frightend id be sick if i did lol) i spoke to smoking sessation nurse and were def not gonna increase dose she thinks i wont ttolerate it but hey well proud id of had another 18 of those horrible things normally

Anele Jessica likes this.
  2. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

good for you only 1 today thats great..............its a shame you feel so ill though...........what are the tablets supposed to do for you?

3. BredaKim

BredaKim PetForums Member

Wooooo! Well done claire...that's the hardest one over with...now onto day two eh? :D

4. well done!............................

5. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

Well done Claire,stay strong-i'm sure you will with whatever those tabs are:)

6. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

I might mention these tabs to my doctor, I so need to quit aswell :(
    Good luck clair x

7. claire

claire Guest

well done ive been stopped all together5 months but over the last 2 years ive only been a social smoker but i can promise it gets easier, stick with it

8. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

I used the nicorette patches but they was'nt as good as i thought they would be, The min i got stressed i had a cig :(

They also gave me some side effects like adnormal dreams, And i must say, The dreams was more like nightmares and they was not like any sort of dreams iv'e had, They was so real like, I lost so much sleep coz of them :eek:

I also had stomach pains aswell and headaches so i just came of them in the end, But now you have mentioned these tabs i am going to ask my doc about them :D with abit of luck they will work x

9. claire

claire Guest

when i did smoke alot i tired patches but had really bad dreams it was a pain in the end i stopped cos i had one and didnt enjoy it so i stopped

10. clairemac9

the tablets do something in the brain to make you think your not addicted youtake them in small doses at first then increase i cant im sticking to the low dose as the nausea was imense touch wood today i didnt feel half as bad you still smoke in the first week but by the second week you have so much of this drug you just dont feel adicted i think its worked fast for me considering i can smoke 20 or more a day and ive had 3 in two days i think dont quote me its domperadone or something eolabea check it out on the net its called champix

11. clairemac9

PS thank you all for your support

12. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

Yep. I will, Tyvm clair x :D

13. kaz

kaz PetForums Junior

Well done Claire - stick with it:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice