Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

1ft fish tank

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium Classifieds' started by Maiisiku, May 23, 2010.

1. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

Clearseal 1ft tank with wiremesh lid It was used for hamsters and goldfish. It's still water tight. I'm looking for £5 Berkshire pick up only. Also listed in the rodent section as it can be used for either. I'll just point out that it's not suitable for goldfish and I only used it for them for a week. It's more suited to a smaller species of fish.

2. Paul Dunham

Paul Dunham PetForums Senior

Once a tank has been used to keep rodents in, it should never again be used to keep fish. Rodents nibble away at the silicon seal holding the tank together which weakens the integrity of the tank. The tank may still hold water, but should never be completely trusted.

To be honest I consider these small tanks too small to keep fish. The trouble with the pet trade is they are always trying to cram everything into a small box. Probably one of the cruellest pieces of equipment ever devised to keep anything is a goldfish bowl. Goldfish die in their millions in them.

3. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

The seal is fine. As I said I had my goldfish in it for a week until I could get a bigger tank for them. But the person who is interested in it wants it as a tempoary home for some rodents. I personally would have kept either a betta in something of that size as it would be ok. Probably not much else you could keep in it though apart from rodents. I had 2 roborovski hamsters in there, they don't nibble, at least mine never have which is probably why the seal is untouched.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice