Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

1500km drive /w Nikki.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Varkhond, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Varkhond

Varkhond PetForums Member

... So, in not even 2months time i'm moving back to Denmark. (from italy).

Ofc. i take my dog with me, but its a long ride and she very rarely gets with me in the car. Infact she seem to calm, just siting there on the backseat without moving and muscle.. Any ideas on how to make her more comfortable for the journey? It's no problem for 10-15min while driving to her favorite walking area, but 11-18hours is bit much... :)

Thanks.

2. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

Plenty of toys, blanket
    stop every hour or two for leg stretches and water. and stop too feed her at her normal times :) she will be fine.

3. basi

basi PetForums Senior

When we drove from Germany to Scotland (17hours) to stay with my parents while waiting on our furniture arriving in N.Ireland we just made regular stops for them to stretch their legs and have a drink. To be honest they slept most of the journey as a lot of it was through the night. I'm sure she will be fine.

4. Varkhond

Varkhond PetForums Member

Okay good, just a little paranoid fear i had.. :p

Thanks.

5. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I have taken mine on very long trips a couple of times. I have been amazed at how well they behave and just sleep and enjoy the leg stretches when we have stops. I am tossing up whether to take Floss with us when we go away in September. We will leave home about 10.30 at night and arrive sometime during the next evening. The pup wont come, it is too far but I think Floss might be happier to come with us as I cant find a house sitter and I dont think she would be happy with someone else.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice