Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

14yr old female cat, not eating after moving house

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by JD0963, Sep 26, 2018.

1. JD0963

JD0963 PetForums Newbie

Hi, hopefully someone can advise me on this!

Just a quick background - I have a 14 year old female cat, she is completely an indoor cat and is usually very active and happy to play etc etc. She had a bad case of stomatitis last year which resulted in the left side and most of the right side of her teeth being extracted. Since having this done, she seemed a lot happier and even started eating dry foods (she was restricted to wet food prior to this, where as now she has both)

We moved house this past Sunday and initially she was curious (wandering around rooms, smelling etc). She would still sit on mine or my partners lap at night and fall asleep which was usual for her. On Monday night this changed, she was suddenly very lethargic and not interested in food. She would however have a few sips of water but nothing else. I even offered her tuna (which sends he crazy) but she just wasn't interested and wanted to sleep.

I took her to the emergency vets last night who said she was dehydrated and gave her an injection of fluid into her back that would absorb and keep her hydrated. He advised me to get her in with my normal vets today for kidney function tests/blood tests and an ultrasound. I am waiting for my vets to open before I call them to arrange this.

I am just extremely worried - could the house move have caused this? The remaining set of her teeth also look inflamed - could her stomatitis have flared up and is causing her massive pain?

Any advice/similar experience would be much appreciated
    Jordan

2. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

The move and unfamiliar new surroundings I'm sure would have been stressful which may have made her stomatitis flare up and as you say her teeth are looking inflamed, the best thing is for your vet to have a look. Hopefully, you've arranged this by now.

TriTri likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice