Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

14 week old kitten does not stop pooing, but its not diahorra

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by LUNABEARx, Apr 2, 2021.

1. LUNABEARx

LUNABEARx PetForums Newbie

help !!!
    we have a beautiful 14 week old kitten, but she literally does not stop pooing !!!, its not diahorra, its hard
    we feed her 1 pouch of kitten james well beloved in the morning and one in the evening, and then we leave royal canin dry food out during the day.
    also if she has a poo or wee in her litter tray she will not go in it. This is fine at the moment as where we r not at work we are cleaning after each use, but when we go to work we are worried. We do have 2 litter trays.
    For example shes got up at 5 this morning, and its 10.30am now, shes already done 3 poos
    Help !!!!!!, what are we doing wrong ???? Any advice would b truely grateful
    THANKS

2. Callidora

Callidora PetForums Member

Hi @LUNABEARx
    young kittens can poo up to 6 times a day-as long as it’s not diarrhoea then I wouldn’t worry too much, they also tend to wee pretty much after every feed-and a fussy litter tray user isn’t unusual, cats are very very hygienic compared to many other species, when you go back to work buy a few cheap litter trays to leave around the house. The good news is that these toilet habits don’t last forever. My youngest is now 10 months old and she uses the tray the same amount as my 9 year old boys do, but when she was a few months younger it seemed like I was cleaning poo out every hour or two, lol!

3. LittleEms

LittleEms PetForums Senior

I agree with @Callidora above. When I got my two kittens it felt like all I did was clean litter trays! (And one of mine did have runny poop so it was a nightmare!) At 8 month old now they go 1 or 2x a day like adult cats.

As for being at work, get a few extra cheap trays, nothing too fancy and put them down for kitty. Don’t worry it’s not you! Most cats are the same with their toileting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice