Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

13yr old Siamese - help with feeding

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Bustermartin, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Bustermartin

Bustermartin PetForums Newbie

Jack is our much loved Siamese cat. We have had him since he was 8 weeks old and he really is part of the family. He has never been easy to feed but is now becoming increasingly fussy. He has some dried cat food down all the time, which he does pick at occasionally, and has also a sachet of Purina Gourmet twice a day which until recently he ate well, but now seems to be going off. I think he is still hungry, just fussy. Our dogs have RAW and I tried him on a little minced chicken but he didn't like that. Before I go out and spend a fortune on all sorts of different types which he probably won't like, I thought I would ask here if anyone has been in a similar situation and what worked for them.

Thanks for any help you can give.

2. Bustermartin

Bustermartin PetForums Newbie

pretty please ......? Does anyone have any suggestions?:D

3. spid

spid PetForums VIP

I haven't been in similar situation - but have you tried warming his food slightly and/or making a gravy to go with it?

4. brianmf

brianmf PetForums Member

Have you monitored his drinking? Loss of interest in food often indicates a kidney problem but that usually means they start drinking more water.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice