Hi Frankie my WHV is 13 and has had a rough few years, he had aspiration pneumonia about 18mths ago and then severe constipation and now he has suspect LarPar. He is booked in for a £3k op on Monday but i just don't know if this is the right decision. I know nobody can make the decision for me but I am struggling because even though he is old i do think he is still strong and potentially healthy, even after all his problems, the main issue now is he can't breath hence the op. But, the risks are high in the recovery period and it may only give him another 6mths maybe a year as he is at the upper end of his life span and could be strewn with complications afterwards and the nerve degeneration will progress so even if he can breath he might end up not being able to walk. Will the op hasten his decline given all the risks or will it give him a better chance at a full life for the time he has left? I know these questions are all unknown in terms of answers but has anyone else done this kind of thing on a very old dog? what was the outcome? was the recovery hard and did it improve their life significantly enough? Am I just putting of the inevitable for my own sake? He seems so alive and engaged it just doesn't seem like he is ready to go, but will an operation place too much strain on his system for him to ever get over it? I have been think this through since friday and i am coming round to the conclusion that he needs to be PTS but i would love to hear from anyone else who has had a similar dilemma?