Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

10months old limping

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by katie_32, Jul 23, 2009.

1. katie_32

katie_32 PetForums Newbie

hi my 10month old dogue de bordeaux cross nepolitan mastiff has been limping on and off for nearly a week and its always seemed to be limping in the house and nothing outside well today she wont walk on her front paw and is crying and sometimes yelping over the time she has been limping i have been feeling up and down her leg and she shows no sign of discomfort but today i felt her leg and nothing but got to her foot and looked between her pads and the one she started crying when i moved it is it something that will go or does she need a vet?
    ive read on lots of websites through the week and they all say that it could be bruised etc and will get better on its own

i just want her to get better :(

2. rona

rona Guest

If it's gone on this long and is getting worse, I would pop to the vet.
    For a dog to cry, it must be in considerable pain

3. Dingle

Dingle PetForums VIP

As above... a trip to the Vet is the best way forward

4. gesic

gesic PetForums VIP

best see ur vet.
    these big boned breeds are predisposed to joint problems...so u r better to check and hopefully discount this.
    Am guessing as she is a x the parents may not be hip or elbow scored:(
    If the are u might be able to research and see if their is any problems within these lines.

5. james1

james1 PetForums VIP

I would go to the vets, with limping if it doesnt wear off within a few days, a sprain or muscle strain can be ruled out, if hes crying too id think it could be something more serious - its worth catching it early and finding out what it is :)

6. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

like everyone else said I think you ned to go to the vets to get it checked that way you can get it sorted and some pain relief for him. A dog has to be in alot of pain to cry.

7. bully

bully PetForums Junior

defo,get your pup to the vet asap,my dog ruptured her 2 cruciate ligaments on both bck legs & she never cried,hope you'r pup is ok...gorgeous buy the way :):) ... marie

8. dipdog

dipdog PetForums VIP

agree with the above posts go and see the vet, let us know how you go on x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice