Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

102 year old man

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by carol, Jan 5, 2008.

1. carol

carol PetForums VIP

i see this on the news this morning i thought god hope i can do something like that if i reach his age

A 102-year-old man is setting sail Saturday to start a new life in New Zealand, becoming Britain's oldest emigrant in the process, BBC television reported.

Eric King-Turner and his New Zealander wife Doris, 87, have decided to leave their village in Hampshire, for the city of Nelson on the South Island, seeking adventure and a cure for her homesickness.

"I think I possibly like wandering about a bit. I somehow thought that it might be rather fun to move to New Zealand," said sprightly retired dentist Eric, who served on HMS Invincible during World War II.

"We haven't seen all the things in England we would have liked but we've also seen a lot on the continent and in the Mediterranean and I thought she was a little bit homesick.

"I have to live from day to day. I can't seriously look past tomorrow morning because at my age, at 102, people go to bed at night and they don't make up in the morning.

"I am resigned to that but I've made no arrangements to die at all," he joked.

"When I'm 105 I don't want to be thinking, 'I wish I had moved to the other side of the world when I was 102'."

The couple, both widowed, have been married for 13 years and shared the same surname. They met when the New Zealand King-Turners researched their ancestry in Britain.

They set sail from Southampton on Saturday.

2. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

Good On Ya Mate Go For It,,,, See Its Never To Late To Try Something New,,,,

3. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

thats so nice I hope I live that long and have his spirit,

my nan is 92 now and going strong so my children now their great grandmother, she even has some great great grand children now :)

4. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

The way i feel right now i recon i wont live to see 40 lol.
    Good on the old boy bless x

5. Brilll....I used to know a lady who died at the age of 107. She' used to go to bed 10,30pm after she had cheese sandwich and a small glass of ...Whiskey! All her life! I think that ammount of Whiskey on a regular basic didnt poisoned her but only sort of desinfected....:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice