Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

10 week puppy

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Livvylou24, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Livvylou24

Livvylou24 PetForums Newbie

We went to pick out French bulldog puppy up last night and his poo is so runny it literally skwerts out of him is this normal?

2. cava14 una

cava14 una Anne two black and white boys and a Nortie Tortie

I would suggest you give your.vet a call. Have you been feeding the same food as the breeder. I would say it is not normal

simplysardonic likes this.
  3. Livvylou24

Livvylou24 PetForums Newbie

Yep breeder gave us some there iams I know not the best he said he has been leaving the bowl down with food in all the time so that's what I've done don't know if it's because he's eating to much now it's only him think I'm going to just feed him twice a day instead

4. cava14 una

cava14 una Anne two black and white boys and a Nortie Tortie

Set meals are a good idea but at 14 weeks they should be on at least 3 meals
    Just realised this is in human health. Better in dog health

Lurcherlad likes this.
  5. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Its not unusual for a puppy to have some slightly loose motions and even a bit of diarrhoea when they first leave mum and littermates and come home its usually due to stress. Sudden abrupt changes of food can also cause loose or slightly diarrhoea like motions too, especially on top of the relocation stress.

Having said that if the motions are really runny and watery and very frequent, then it could well be a concern, as very watery frequent diarrhoea can lead to dehydration, so it depends on how bad and how frequent it may be too. I would become even more concerned if the puppy becomes depressed looking, not interested in things and playing and lethargic too, as that would likely indicate it could possibly be more then stress. Also if the diarrhoea becomes really foul smelling and if they start to vomit with it too, all these things can be signs that it is more then stress.

6. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Ideally a pup of his age should be given 4 meals a day, with his total daily allowance split evenly into the 4 meals, and they should be fed evenly spaced apart.

7. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

When did his Breeder last worm him?

8. Fayeyasmin

Fayeyasmin PetForums Junior

This happened to us the first night but I think it was nerves. It hasn't happened since. Has things settled down ?

9. smokeybear

smokeybear PetForums VIP

Did you bring some water home from the breeder?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice