Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

10 of my 38 babies

Discussion in 'Spiders and Inverts' started by jen1302, Sep 21, 2008.

1. jen1302

jen1302 PetForums Junior

Some of my babies

Avic sling (Flame)
    [​IMG]

Silver Trap Door subadult not sexed (Quick Silver) pic taken day it arrived
    [​IMG]

Grammostola rosea sub female (Anstice)
    [​IMG]

Cyriocosmus elegans mature female (Elle)
    [​IMG]

Brachypelma albopilosum sling
    [​IMG]

Mature female Paraphysa sp north (Hope)
    [​IMG]

Female sub Euathlus sp yellow (Peace) cant keep her in a wanderer off up your hand loves cuddles to much.
    [​IMG]

Cyclosternum fasciatum juvenile
    [​IMG]

Some pics of what my tiny slings will look like.

Ornithoctonus sp. Koh Samui
    [​IMG]

Plesiophrictus sp. India
    [​IMG]

2. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

My daughter would love all of these but i will confess there not my thing but i would have a go at holding one if the owner was there for morule support. I tend to like snakes better but we all have our own babies,...

3. jen1302

jen1302 PetForums Junior

Hope and Peace are my daughters hope is easy to handle but not that often where with peace you cant keep her in loves to wander to much.

When it's feeding time she's out and on and up your hand she's what her owner said a real sweetheart if you ever decide to hold a spider deffo go with a euathlus sp yellow as they ain't big only 4-5cm as a adult as i'm more in to the smaller types lol & still looking for more like gree/blue/gold and violet plus other euathlus sp's.

Just bough today Paraphysa scrofa Chile Pink Burst (7-8cm) can't wait till tomorrow when it arrives.

#3 jen1302, Sep 23, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  4. hilary bradshaw

hilary bradshaw PetForums Member

Cool!!!!!!!!!!

5. jacko

jacko PetForums Member

Whoaw.. cool.. but kinda scary... LOL... :)

6. jen1302

jen1302 PetForums Junior

The Euathlus sp yellow or know as Chili Yellow (Bumble Bee) is a real sweetheart people who have seen her say aww she's so cute at 2 1/2cm.

7. Sungold-Bengals

Sungold-Bengals PetForums Senior

I had to make myself look at these to see if I was still scared & I actually feel a little sick.

Sorry :eek:

Other than the fact that they are spiders - they look really lovely I'm sure.

I wish I could just get over this adversion I've got but I can't.

I think it's lovely that you've given them all such lovely names :)

Thanks for sharing

8. jen1302

jen1302 PetForums Junior

It's easy to rid your spider fear as i was the same as you in november 2007 and youv'e done the first step by looking at pics which wasen't easy for you as you said felt ill.

The steps i did and it does work over time and take it one day at a time what i did was pic first then on to videos on you tube when i got past that point i decided on the next level a tarantula moult which i did eventually.

Once i did that i went on to a point of no return a real tarantula at a shop where the owner is a friend and being honest it wasen't as bad as i thought it was my teen daughter asked me what it felt like only thing came to mind was tickelish like holding our syrian hamster.

As my daughter also had a fear of spiders also who i helped by doing my simple steps she recently held my 4cm female euathlus sp yellow (chili yellow or also known as bumble bee) and know she loves spiders.

And a word of warning tho if you do hold a spider and you do buy one it doesn't stop there as they become addictive as i began with 1 in november and now have 38 arachnids.

Good luck with what ever you do ps when it comes to house ones i am working on them as i dont like them due to the speed and majority of time threat pose.

9. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

I love looking at spiders online and seeing peoples pets , I even held a friends tarantula once, she was a sweetheart .... I think yours are gorgeous hun

but im terrified of house spiders to the point where im shaking like a leaf and running for the hills if I see one :eek:
    weird huh :confused:

10. jen1302

jen1302 PetForums Junior

You think these are sweet you should see my others paraphysa scrofa and Paraphysa parvula.

parvula delivered tomorrow
    [​IMG]
    Scrofa recieved today
    [​IMG]

As for the house spider i would never dream of holding one they scare the hell out of me with there speed and rearing threat pose they just look nasty especially the ones iv'e come across lol.

#10 jen1302, Sep 25, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice