UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My 10 month old kitten has started peeing in the recycling box in the kitchen. We've got him twice now but we think he might have done it more times and somehow didn't realise. He uses the litter box as well so we don't understand why he's doing that. He has a mixed diet of wet and dry food and drinks we think, enough water. I suppose we need to watch him a bit closely cause it might be a UTI? What do you think? He hasn't peed anywhere else appart from the recycling box though, not that we know about anyway.:confused:

G

·
I'm not sure about the reasons why he did it the first time, but now he's done it once you're going to need to go to town on it cleaning wise to remove any smells so he doesn't think it's a litter box anymore.

Try some washing up liquid to begin with and give it a really good scrub.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The recycling box might smell like something that tells your cat it's an other litter box. If that's the only place where your kitten has peed so far, I would block his access to it and see whe happens.

Also, I would play around with all possible litter types and brands, boxes (try a dome box!) and move the box to a place where your cat can feel completely safe while peeing...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.