Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

10 month kitten always goes for a poo when I'm cleaning her litterbox

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by KittenEevee, Jun 21, 2017.

1. KittenEevee

KittenEevee Crazy Cat Lady

Eevee is so strange, I was cleaning out her litterbox this morning after she had just done a poo and as I was just putting fresh litter in the box she poos again!. She does it every single time even if she has literally just been for a poo. It's so funny and I don't mind but sure is strange!

lymorelynn and Smuge like this.
  2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

She is marking her clean litter box as hers! :) Cats like to do this. Mine often jump in and pee right after I have cleaned their litter boxes and put in fresh litter. Granted jumping in and pooing right after she has pooed is a little unusual but the principle is the same. :)

3. Smuge

Smuge PetForums VIP

Virtually everytime I scoop her littertay Tali waits for me to finish then immediately jumps in and does a pee. Personally I think she is mocking me lol

4. Elaine b37

Elaine b37 PetForums Senior

Katie used to do this every time! Cody watches me clean and put fresh litter in to make sure I do it properly but then satisfied just wanders off until he actually needs to go!

5. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

You're lucky she waits. I have them going in while I'm cleaning the tray;)

6. Yorkshirecats

Yorkshirecats PetForums Member

lol yes mine do the same thing! They cannot wait to jump in and do their business- and sometimes will get in while I'm still filling them.

7. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum Obedient Cat Slave

Missy's not that bad, but invariably she will christen her tray just as soon as I've cleaned it out and put down fresh litter !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice