Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

1 year Staffie Behaviour

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Sharon Page, May 23, 2020 at 9:52 PM.

1. Sharon Page

Sharon Page PetForums Newbie

Is it normal for a 1 year pup to take them self off to bed. My pup has done this almost from day one as she sleeps in our room. Now anytime during day if she wants to sleep she takes herself off to bed. She can sleep solidly for 12/14 Hours a night. She is eating drinking and very energetic on her walks. Just wondering if this is normal behaviour.

2. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

Count yourself lucky! You have a dog who knows how to chill out, lots of people would kill for that!

Arny, Happy Paws2, Lurcherlad and 6 others like this.
  3. FletchNo1

FletchNo1 PetForums Member

One of mine used to do this. Nothing to be worried about I'd say!

Happy Paws2 and Kakite like this.
  4. Kakite

Kakite PetForums VIP

My „pup“ is 17months and does the same ... normally her quiet time starts between 6pm and 7pm she can be asleep until between 7am-9am the next morning. she snoozes in the lounge with us but sometimes she just takes herself to bed in the crate in our room.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  5. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

They are all different and as long as she is healthy and energetic I personally wouldn't be worried. My daughter took on a 9 month old rescue nearly 3 years ago who puts himself to bed at 8.00pm every night without fail and sleeps until 7.00am the following morning.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice